Scott Spark 29 Comp 29er Full Suspension

4.2/5 (5 Reviews)

The Spark 29 Comp is a full suspension aluminum 29er with Shimano drivetrain and brakes which is lightweight, durable, affordable and retains all the great geometry and ride of its carbon cousins.

• Frame: Spark 29 alloy 6061
  • Fork: Rock Shox XC 32 29 TK, lockout, 100mm
  • Shock: X-Fusion E1 RL, Lockout, 100mm
  • Group set: Shimano SLX / Alivio
  • Brakes: Shimano BR-M446 disc brakes

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by marks425

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2013

Strengths:    Climbs great. The XL holds all 260lbs of me no problem. After tuning, it would be hard to go back to my hard tail.

Weaknesses:    This is my first f/s so I can only compare to my Gary Fisher hard tail. No weaknesses.

Bottom Line:
    Easy decision..... buy it!

Submitted by jake weekend warrior

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2012

Strengths:    good components for the money.with a little time adjusting the suspension all work well togather.

Weaknesses:    remote lock-out would have been nice.

Bottom Line:
    most bang for the buck i could find in n.c.

Submitted by Rick a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2012

Strengths:    If your looking for great bang for your buck in a full suspension 29er, this is it. Great components for the money! Nobody else comes close to the components at this price level! LOVE this BIKE!

Weaknesses:    Front suspension is horrible, but an easy fix/upgrade. I bottomed the front fork the fist time riding it and immediatly upgraded the suspension.

Bottom Line:
    I believe this is Scotts attempt to re-establish themselves as a heavy weight contender in Mountain biking. This is a really fun, fast bike, that does everything you would expect and even a bit more. Dont think twice, just pull the trigger and start enjoying a full suspension 29er!

Purchased At:   Jims Bicycles Deerfi

Similar Products Used:   Giant Trance 1

Bike Setup:   Upgraded the coil front suspension to the RockShock Reba SLT, huge difference. Also upgraded the hydrolick brakes to Axid's

Submitted by TTK8

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2012

Strengths:    This is a climbing machine. I like the way it feels on the desent as well it just eats bumps and is easy on the wallet.

Weaknesses:    Harder to turn on tight switchbacks than my 26 inch wheel bike. Parts are OK nothing special.

Bottom Line:
    Love this bike been riding it for a couple of weeks and I love it. Won't go back to 26 inch wheels except when I downhill.

Submitted by Josh700 a Weekend Warrior from Las Vegas, NV, USA

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2012

Strengths:    Price, frame design

Weaknesses:    Weight

Bottom Line:
    I intended to ride an mtb again after riding road on my Trek Madone for several months. I was looking at a sub-2K full suspension 29er. With the current economic crisis, I didn't see the justification to buy a 2K-3K 29er. Originally I was looking at the Specialized Camber. It was comfortable and rode well. However, Specialized jacked up their prices for the 2012 Camber to $2,200. Luckily, through research, I found the 2012 Scott Spark Comp at $1,650 OTD. I already had a Scott Sportster 55 Dual Sport Hybrid at only $500 and was impressed by the ride. It rode as well as the 2011 Spesh Camber for $550 less! The SLX gears were relatively smooth and the suspension worked well. For the money, I believe the 2012 Scott Spark Comp 29er is the best bang for the buck for full suspension 29ers out there. With the quality, I would not hesitate to recommend Scott.

Purchased At:   Southwest Bikes