Scott Genius 940 29er Full Suspension

The all new Genius 940 features a totally re-designed frame optimized for 29" wheels. The 6061 alloy frame is offered in 130mm travel and high end component spec. This is THE ultimate Big Wheeled Trail bike.

• Frame: Genius 29 Alloy 6061
  • Fork: FOX 32 Float Evolution
  • Shock: Scott DT Nude2, 3 modes, 130-90-Lockout
  • Group: Shimano XT / SLX
  • Brakes: Shimano
  • Parts: Syncros 2.0 Serie
  • Wheels: Syncros XC-49 29"

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by aharon

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2013

Strengths:    My first 29 bikes. i'm tall (1.94m) and these bikes give a great felling. it is 29 so it have to be heay but thet arn't so. I'ts 13.3 kg only and you feel it. The bikes get a great speed compare to my last 26 bikes. after years of 26 i became aware on any bump in the way but with these bikes you dont have to worry.They cross everything quietly without disturbing you to continue paddling. The twinlock system works perpect.It assits you in the paved road to ride like hardtail.

Weaknesses:    The tyres (Nobby Nic) . I live in a desrtly area in Israel. The tyres get punctures easly.

Bottom Line:
    They are big in size but they will make you fly.

Opinions on Superfly 100 AL or Scott Genius 940 purchase.

Ok guys I have narrow down my bike purchase to these 2 bikes. They are both right at about 2k give or take. I really don't need the travel of the Genius 940 but I like the shimano group it comes with. I have never ridden it either on the trail. I have ridden and like the superfly elite on the tr ... Read More »