Scott Genius 930 29er Full Suspension

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

The all new Genius 930 features a totally re-designed frame optimized for 29" wheels. The 6061 alloy frame is offered in 150mm travel and high end component spec. This is THE ultimate Big Wheeled Trail bike.

• Frame: Genius 29 Alloy 6061
  • Fork: FOX 32 Float Evolution, 3 modes, 130-90-0 mm
  • Shock: Scott DT Nude2, 3 modes
  • Group: Shimano XT /SLX
  • Brakes: Shimano SLX
  • Parts: Syncros 1.5/ 2.0 Serie
  • Wheels: Syncros XC-49 29"

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Brian a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2014

Strengths:    Amazing handling, well balanced, strong brakes, supple suspension, suspension lockout

Bottom Line:
    I have been looking at upgrading to a 29er for awhile. Lots of research and test rides. I finally pulled the trigger on this Scott Genius 930.
    This is the nicest trailbike I have ridden. I am a clyde 6'1" 265lbs and pretty hard on my equipment. This 930 Genius has a stout frame that holds my girth pretty well. The bike is very laterally rigid. I was really surprised how strong the SLX brakes felt as well. The suspension lockout is a really nice feature. I flip the switch once and shorten the travel for the rear suspension for fast curvy trails. Flip it again on a long straight section to lock both forks out. Flip the switch again and I have supple full suspension. The handling is very good and not too much different from my 26s. I can change the mount on my rear shock to steepen the frontend and heighten the bottom bracket to make her even more responsive. I was able to use the old handling turn in cues/feel of my old 26 with this 29er because she handles so nicely. The rear shock and front fork have much closer tolerances so I can run lower pressures. In my old Specialized Enduro, I ran the rear shock at 255-270lbs and the front at 125lbs. This bike I run the back at 225lbs and the front at 90lbs. Overall I am extremely impressed with this bike. Huge thanks to Leroy for the recommendation. Can't wait to put the miles on at Carter Rd!

Favorite Trail:   Loyce Harpe Park - and Santos

Duration Product Used:   few days

Purchased At:   Leroy's Bikeworks in

Similar Products Used:   Trek Remedy, Specialized Enduro, Giant Trance, Cannondale Jekyl

Bike Setup:   Look Cycle S-Track Race Ti Pedals... the rest of the bike is stock. May eventually go to Stans Flow Wheels with I9 or King hubs.

Submitted by kevinrod1983

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2013

Strengths:    stiff frame design, wants to be ridden fast. very solid component package for the money, the brakes are powerful. lightweight considering what kind of bike it is. cable routing for dropper seatpost (including reverb stealth) ISCG-5 mounts.

Weaknesses:    the wheels are not the reason for the just under $4k pricetag. tubeless tires but not wheels? id rather have you knock 50 bucks off the price then force me to buy cheap pedals

Bottom Line:
    the cost is in a solid frame and component spec, not in what people say is cool to have on your bike. the wheels are good but not great, but any seasoned rider is going to upgrade to something nicer so why cheap out components or raise the price to spec better wheels that are still not going to compare to what your going to buy later anyway.

Scott Genius 930

Has any of you tested or own this bike? It is a nice looking bike and I'd like to have some opinions on it. [url=http://www.scott-sports.com/global/en/products/227725/scott-genius-930-bike/]SCOTT Genius 930 Bike - SCOTT Sports[/url] Veru hard to find reviews on new product. I appreciate it.Read More »