Lynskey Performance Designs Pro 29 FS 120 29er Full Suspension

4.8/5 (5 Reviews)

Lynskey’s new Pro29 FS-120 frame comes fitted with Fox’s vaunted Float CTD Evolution rear shock. The frame boasts a massive Helix down tube, horizontally ovalized seatstays and the biggest pivot in the industry for super power transfer and predictable steering response.

Submitted by Scott

Date Reviewed: April 15, 2015

Strengths:    I recently built a Gen4 - Pro29 FS 120. I have owned a hardtail Lynskey for a few years, and it's quality gave me confidence in this full suspension bike. This is a very stable bike! The rear suspension may not be as plush as a DW link system, but it works well and provides predictable feedback over rough terrain.

Weaknesses:    The only weakness would be the bike's weight! Mine came in at 27lbs. I do feel the durability over a Carbon frame out weigh the penalty on the increased weight.

Bottom Line:
Lynsey builds a beautiful frame & stands behind them with a life time warranty! Who else offers a trade in option?

Similar Products Used:   Ibis Mojo SL

Submitted by Seth Botwick a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2015

Strengths:    Ascending, descending, cornering. balanced in the air, fast

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
The Lynskey FS120 PRO29’s abilities are only limited by your limitations. This weekend I pedaled my beautiful titanium work horse around the Pisgah National Forest in western North Carolina. I spent three days gobbling up miles and miles of fun. When my friends asked how the bike was, all I could do is smile. It’s Tuesday and I’m still smiling. I’ll take you through a few key points of the weekend to highlight the bike and talk about impressions I couldn’t find online when I was shopping around. This is my fifth Lynskey but I’m always impressed with the beauty of the welds and attention to detail. The new badges are like no others on the market. No stickers here. I am a Ti guy and fancy the twisted PRO tubes. We ascended for about an hour up a dirt forest access road the first day then up a double wide technical 7 mile climb the second day. On both climbs I noticed zero pedal bob. The bike felt light and manageable. It seemed much lighter than what you’d think especially when you’re looking down at the massive angular top tube. My FS120 PRO29er weighs in at 27lbs. I was able to clean technical climbs that I’ve never been able to before. There seems to be an endless amount of grip. Now for the fun stuff! On the first day we made our way up to Pilot Rock. It’s a very technical, fast descent with crazy tight switchbacks. The switchbacks were in no way burrmed or manicured. They were natural and boulder laden. My FS120 felt really fast and comfortable. I was impressed how confidently I bombed down the mountain. The switchbacks came and went. With its responsive steering the FS120 championed tight corners or wide sweeping turns equally well. Before I knew it, I had made it to the bottom and through the rock garden successfully. On the second day we ascended again right out of the gate again, no warm up sadly. Again, I reached the top easily. The Black Mountain descent was not something I’d done before and I was looking forward to it. This descent was different than Pilot Rock. It was less technical, less “dangerous” challenging. Black Mountain is flowing with a few technical sections and some fun jumps. The FS120 made this incredibly fun descent even more fun. The bike is very balanced in the air. I was launching off stuff that I would not have tried on another bike. I also was impressed with how the FS120 enabled me to rail the high clay burmed corners. We saved Bennet Gap, maybe the best, for last. I noticed more guys outfitted with DH equipment at the top of this one. After getting to the bottom I thought that I was really on the right bike. After each day I spent time cleaning and examining the bike for damage. On a few occasions I would have wagered a lager or two that the frame had been marred by a stone. I’m pretty sure that if I had been on a carbon fiber bike, it would have been chipped. There were no marks at all just that gorgeous brushed titanium finish. Man, I love that aspect of the Lynskey bikes!
The bottom line is that this is a fast climber, nimble in corners, confident descending bike all wrapped up in a bullet proof titanium package. You add in the lifetime warranty and Lynskey’s customer service and I’m not sure what other choice I would have made.

Favorite Trail:   Anything in Pisgah

Submitted by Robert Galic

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2015

Strengths:    It is so great build frame. In Lynskey they really think about everything, big and strong down tube, great made chain tube, great welding and very light

Weaknesses:    I did not see it or feel it

Bottom Line:
Great bike, and who ever say that Titanium is not good for FS bikes i think that person did not ride and probably never even seen in live Lynskey FS pro120.

Submitted by Chris Algeo a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2014

Strengths:    Every type of terrain, up/down/technical, this bike handles whatever you throw at it. If you can't ride it on the FS-120, don't blame the bike. Factory prep and finish are flawless. Sizing charts are true. It is not cheap, but it is worth every penny. No more worrying about punching holes in my frame.

Weaknesses:    Tire clearance between the seat stays is pretty marginal. If you like 29" X 2.4's stay clear. 2.35's just fit but stay out of the mud.

Bottom Line:
A great all around full suspension 29'er. A lot of design expertise went into this bike and it shows. The suspension, though simple works in all conditions. A truly well designed, well built bike.

Favorite Trail:   Easten Rockies, Canmore

Duration Product Used:   1 month

Purchased At:   Lifesport Calgary

Similar Products Used:   Gary Fisher, Trek, Funk Custom Ti, Niner JET RDO, Niner RIP RDO etc. etc.

Bike Setup:   Pike fork (150), dropper post, XTR drivetrain, Saint brakes, Reynolds CF wheelset

Submitted by BigLou52 a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2013

Strengths:    Ride, Handling, climbing

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
I am a true clyesdale at 250 plus and have never enjoyed a bike as much as this one. Titanium is wonderful. It has s real stiff rear.. The bike climbs really well, yet you'd never know you had 120 MM of suspension under you. Totally eats up bumps and handles flawlessly. Have a gravity dropper seatpost, which really puts you in control. I just ride and totally enjoy when on this bike. The bike is much more capable than I am. I can just imagine a real hardcore rider on this bike putting it through its paces. Bike was recommended to me by Biker Bob and certainly has lived up to the hype. If this bike falls within your budget. Go for it.

Purchased At:   Biker Bob

Similar Products Used:   Intense, Santa Cruz, Giant, Titus, Ventana . both hardtail and full suspension.

Bike Setup:   fox RLC 100-120 , full XO drivetrain, XTR crank, Chris King Wheelset. Hayes Prime brakeset, Gravity dropper Turbo seatpost, carbon bars, Kenda Nevegal tires