Lenz Sport PBJ 29er Full Suspension

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

The Lenz Sport PBJ is the first DH race capable 29" wheeled bicycle in the world. Lenz Sport is continuing to lead the industry in the development of big wheeled full suspension mountain bikes with this 7" travel downhill bike. The PBJ can easily be built up as a big move trail bike. When you step aboard the PBJ, you realize that it's you that's being taken for a ride, not the bike. It floats underneath you and carries you over anything that gets in your way. 29 inch whees have a much better rolling speed than a 26er, so the competition using those little wheels will soon be breathing in your dust.

Submitted by fatcat a Weekend Warrior from los angeles CA

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2012

Strengths:    -After getting the proper travel fork (I really don't like White Bros) the bike reminds me of a over-sized Kona Stinky. It will blast through any trail and the short chain stays make this bike pedal worthy for uphill climbing. I have a Hammerschmidt on the crank so it's a pretty versatile bike.
-I took a 4 footer on it recently and it reminds me of my large cat when he jumps off the washing machine--its like nothing.
That will be the tallest thing I will come off of because I know if I do higher ones I will like it and end up killing myself.
-The welds are heavy duty and the bike, for its 7" travel is pretty light compared to its 26" brothers.

Weaknesses:    -Had to put spacers on the mounts for the Hammerschmidt, it hits the rear swing arm.
-Its expensive.

Bottom Line:
If you are a 29er junkie, then you have to get one of these. Sure it will rob you of all your money if you buy it new
as a frame like I did. But if you see one used for sale, you may save some money.

This guy will make all 26 bikes that you
have ridden seem like a 24" bike and will also blow the cheap Avid BB7 equipped XC 29er riders away as well
on the downhills.
It just wants to do more than you're used to.

Similar Products Used:   There are no 7" travel 29ers to compare this with.

Bike Setup:   Hammerschmidt, X9, X7, Hayes, American Classic, Azonic, Truvativ Hussefelt, White Bros. Groove 200

Submitted by sikocycles a Downhiller from Greenwich CT USA

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2010

Strengths:    Fast, stiff, Great pedaler, lots of travel and a 29er.

Weaknesses:    Tires so far but thats not Lenz's fault

Bottom Line:
Its a great fun DH bike. Fells right when you get on it. Nothing to fight. No sky scrapper high feeling since the BB is pretty low.
Very fast and jumps real well. Just really need to get the tires sorted out and it will be much better. Rides great on the trails and DH runs.
A total winner of a bike. Thx to Devin for stepping up and building a DH 29er.

Favorite Trail:   Tempest to victory Diablo

Purchased At:   Cycle Center of Stam

Similar Products Used:   For DH ellsworthless dare, BMW TMX racelink and biglink, Demo 8

Bike Setup:   Dorado, i9s, Raceface,CCDB, Formula The Ones, X9/XO, WTB dissent tire and more

Transition PBJ???

So I'd like to get back into dirt jumping because all if the DH/FR are a couple of hours away from where I live on Long Island. I've been eyeing up the Transition PBJ and am ready to build one up but I can't seem to find one in stock anywhere. Transition is sold out and will not have anything in unt ... Read More »

Need Wheelset for PBJ

I weigh 250 lbs and want to have someone build me a less expensive wheelset for my PBJ. I'm considering: 36 H Zee Hubs - I'm hoping these are compatible with the 6 bolt centerlock adapters MTX-33 rims What spokes and nipples will I need? In terms of tubes, I was thinking about using C ... Read More »

Hammerschmidt on PBJ (or Lunchbox)

Can anyone provide me with instructions (and maybe some pictures) on how to fit a Hammerschmidt AM on a PBJ or Lunchbox? I've seen it done on a couple PBJ's, I just don't know exactly how they got it to fit (what size BB, spacers, etc.)...I do have the ISCG tabs. Thanks.Read More »

Paid Spam: Lenz Sport PBJ Frame and Manitou Dorado Pro 29er Fork

[url=http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showproduct.php?product=82477&title=lenz-sport-pbj-29er-frame-and-manitou-dorado-pro-29&cat=51]Lenz Sport PBJ 29er Frame and Manitou Dorado Pro 29 - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories[/url] Thanks!Read More »

Paid Spam: Lenz Sport PBJ Frame and Manitou Dorado Pro 29er Fork