Gary Fisher Rumblefish 29er Full Suspension

• Cassette: SRAM PG-1050 12-36, 10 speed
  • Seat Post: Bontrager Race, 31.6mm, 5mm offset

Submitted by smc15223 a Cross Country Rider from

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2011

Strengths:    29er wheel size, lock out ability on front fork and rear shock, hydro brakes, components for price

Weaknesses:    Bontrager tires don't have an aggressive tread and therefore slip on steep climbs, seat is just a tad uncomfortable, front derailleur slips to granny gear when shifting sometimes but can be fixed with minor adjustments.

Bottom Line:
For somebody my height (6'4") nothing beats the handling and climbing abilities of the 29er. Weight is good. Price/component quality is good. Bike handles and climbs well. Sometimes the derailleurs slip but this is fixed with minor adjustments. Love it!

Favorite Trail:   The Bearded Clam

Purchased At:   Trek Superstore Chul

Similar Products Used:   Specialized full suspension

Bike Setup:   Stock, cateye cyclometer, bar ends, clarks lock on grips.

Submitted by RKSBiker a Weekend Warrior from Baltimore, Maryland

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2011

Strengths:    The bike climbs very well, I was afraid it would not, but I have been very happy with it. It rolls over anything I've tried so far. Down hills are great and it eats up the rock gardens with no problems.

Weaknesses:    The saddle, in truth I did not even try the stock one. It just looked too painful.

Bottom Line:
I love the bike. I have only rode it twice so far, but the rides were about 16 miles each so, I think I have a good idea how it rides. I did every trail style I could think of and I was happy with all the results. It climbs over obsticals I could never do with my other bikes and even though it's heavier it climbs very well. The gearing is well suited for a 29er. When I shopped for the bike, one shop said it was too much bike for this area and suggested a hifi (they did not have a Rumblefish in stock) - I disagree with them. I think it's the perfect bike. It does it all well. I have not got it tuned in like I would like yet, but that will just make it better.

Favorite Trail:   Avalon, Patapsco State Park