Fuji Outland 29er 2.0 29er Full Suspension

• Cassette: Shimano Cassette, 11-34T 9sp
  • Brake Levers: Tektro Draco Hydraulic Brake Lever

Submitted by gmoney

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2012

Strengths:    climbing ,downhill.carving,road biking,racing, ive put this bike through 4 days a week foe a year riding, no maint. issues, i paid 1299 so what a deal i know but, the frame is incredible,stiff as hell , stiffrest bike ive owned w mt bike retailing over 2 grand , hands down, lovin it the most..

Weaknesses:    took me 10 months to wear the pads down.. not to shaby. 29 lbs mbut so is all the twenty niners , under 3000$ it feel 27 lbs.

Bottom Line:
if ypour a strong rider or looking to get faster this bike is dead on it. i look forewars to riding every time. racing 11 yrs later, still love it. this bike hauls ass, not as twitchy in thight woods but thats a twenty niner, it makes up for it later, rools over elephants, switche one day with a 26r , couldnt wait to get my bike back, he told me his bike retaile 4000$, should of got his money back, performance bike are great, id buy another, owned giant, too creaky, santacruz, k2, discomonkey,and razorback, fuji smokes um akk way stiffer, wich def counts, the plus is when u rode ride home the 29er wheels haul but on the rode. go find on, hard to beat.

Submitted by tsefreeflow a Cross Country Rider from Arizona

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2011

Strengths:    Its a 29er. Its a great bike.

Weaknesses:    pivot point locations, fork and shock could use an upgrade for sure.

Bottom Line:
No weight shown and I dont have a way of weighing it right now, but its lighter than my Teocali (26") by the feel of it. I am an upgrading kind of guy and will be upgrading the drive train. It works fine, but I like the quicker shifting of the X0 components on my teocali. Right now the Fork and Shock on this 2.0 I am not liking much. The rear feels good, but I keep bottoming it out (the indicator ring goes all the way to the end) and I last pumped in just over 200psi and the sag is at 1/4 travel at 150psi. I do weight over 220 so this might have something to do with it, but my teocali stock shock works perfect at about 150psi. The fork uses a spring instead of air, and it is noisy (squeeky) during the compression strokes. The only other thing I can complain about (minor) is the pivot point on the top tube by the seat post. This sticks out and I end up rubbing my legs on either side at times which is annoying and seems to be a bad location. I dont constantly rub it, but I do at times and can get the area of my leg (inner knee) semi raw feeling and red. This is probably me just needing to get use to it (like the flat handle bar). Most of this is me nit picking, as the bike rides awesome. Its my first 29er also, and seemed to make the whole day of riding easier compared to my 26" (not my goal though as I am looking for a workout). Climbed very well, rode fast well, sucked the bumps up, etc... I am definately happy with it and looking forward to upgrading some stuff.
I give 5 chilis for value because for the price, this bike is really awesome and does it all well. I gave 4 chilis for the rating due to the few issues mentioned earlier.

Favorite Trail:   McDowell and White Tanks

Purchased At:   Performance

Bike Setup:   All Stock. Other bike a 2008 Mongoose Teocali with many upgrades!