Fuji Outland 29 1.1 29er Full Suspension

• Tires: Schwalbe Nobby Nic, 29" x 2.25" folding, 67 tpi
  • Tape/Grip: Oval dual-density Kraton, lock-on

Submitted by exsmith21 a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2013

Strengths:    A good quality build, great shocks, stable ride, good value. brakes and tires are especially nice. the Fox CTD is awesomely easy!

Weaknesses:    Low bottom bracket --> pedal strikes (but also nice stable handling). long wheelbase, sometimes feel like I need to coax it around a switchback. and the white seat is lame but everything has been reliable. Oh and judging by the 1000 logos on every possible tube, I think this might be a Fuji.

Bottom Line:
I've really enjoyed this bike, my first full-suspension. Good for my riding style-- relaxed cross-country, relatively stable geometry. can handle some jumps and bumps and is generally a fun AND efficient ride. I chose because it was the best I could order from my local shop. It's not perfect-- the low bottom bracket is challenging in rock gradens (but nice otherwise) and the long wheelbase can make it a little slow to respond. Nice build quality out of the box. Happy with the purchase and the ride but now that i know I like the full-suspension ride I may look for something else next year.

Bike Setup:   Stock. will eventually replace the seat, mostly for cosmetic preferences!