Canyon Nerve AL 8.9 29er Full Suspension

• Shifters: SRAM X9
  • Hubs: Mavic Crossride 29 Disc

Submitted by DartBikeMud a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2015

Strengths:    Traction, rockets up climbs, handling is epic, after the 2nd ride I felt like I was back on a 26er on the downhills

Weaknesses:    No dropper post, suspension will need setting up correctly, original seat was horrendous

Bottom Line:
Bought this in Jan, i've done 160miles off road on it now and it's quite simply brilliant. It's taken all manner of battering in snow / trail centres / moorland riding.
The original seat was way too wide for my liking, switched to a Fizik (which was 125g lighter too!) and went tubeless the day I bought it.
I've never seen the need for a dropper post on any of my older bikes but this is so quick I'm dropping my post on the QR on the descents so I can shift my weight about more for some jumps!
Canyon support has been really helpful too, before I rode the bike I went tubeless, the rear tyre had a small split in it which was proving difficult for the latex to seal, I contacted them and they sent me out a new tyre within a week.
It has a triple ring up front which might not be to some peoples liking but my moorlands riding has some speedy sections where I find this useful.

Favorite Trail:   Haldon