Cannondale Trigger 29 Carbon 2 29er Full Suspension

Thanks to its OverMountain dual-travel DNA, the Trigger 29 gives you the most out of each pedal stroke on nasty climbs with 80mm of travel, yet doesn’t compromise when descents get rowdy with 130mm of seemingly bottomless confidence. Imagine being able to pick any line, up or down, and charge it at full speed - that is what the Trigger 29 is all about.

Submitted by Brian

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2014

Strengths:    Everything!

Weaknesses:    None!

Bottom Line:
Best bike I have ever bought! Rides like a dream!

Submitted by CrzyMD

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2014

Strengths:    Very stable at speed, especially downhills. Soaks up the big hits without even noticing. Does what it was designed for, all mountain. Once you get the DYAD shock setup, man is it smooth! Hit some rocks and no deflection, just goes right over. Love the bike!

Weaknesses:    Really lousy fork and shock setup recommendations. Not even close. Basically, set your sag, and then start going down from there. The Fox DYAD shock recommendations aren't even in the ballpark.

Bottom Line:
Ironically, I ended up buying both the Scalpel 29 Carbon 1 and the Trigger 29 Carbon 2 at the same time! (Thank God I am not married!). It is amazing how dissimilar these bikes are and allowed me to make a real comparison. The Trigger is like a tank. Really smooth, especially that rear DYAD shock. It is slower handling than the Scalpel, but that is what I like about it (the Scalpel is appropriately named, it slices turns like a scalpel)! It does very well what it is designed for, all mountain. The 1.5" stem is difficult to find in many options, so be aware of that. I prefer the XLR remote lockout, than the PBR ("Push Button Remote") that comes on the Lefty SuperMax. But I can see why they did it. The same spot you would be putting a XLR ("X Lock Remote") lockout lever, is taken over by the KS Lev Integra dropper post. Otherwise there would be no place for it. About 7 lbs difference between the Scalpel and the Trigger. Hardly even notice it to be honest, even on the climbs. It is hard to find places that will work on the Lefty forks. There is only one place that does the DYAD, Fox and that is it! But the DYAD is so smooth, it is worth the trouble! Cannondale/Fox just needs to get serious about their pressure recommendations. I had not ridden a Lefty fork before, and now I have two. Made me a believer! It really is different, no flex, no striction (what's that?) and stable! Now I am a Lefty convert! Especially that Super Max fork! Also surprisingly, were the standard OE Mavic Cross Roc tires. They work really, really well! I may be looking for the same when they wear out. And I test a LOT of tires! Overall, a great bike. Love the Lefty, and the DYAD shock. Overall very happy and with no buyers remorse.