Canfield Brothers Riot FS 29er Full Suspension

• Super short 414mm chainstays
  • Tapered headtube

Submitted by Jesse a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2016

Strengths:    Everything!!! This bike can do it all. You can make it a fast heavy duty XC beast with light and fast components, a rock crawling dirt spitting go anywhere monster with big 27+ tires or a badass fast downhill, all mountain machine that can do anything with 2.5 29ers. It lets you turn it into whatever you desire.

Weaknesses:    My only con is I wish it had a lower standover as I am short. But it is something that you don't notice once you are riding the bike.

Bottom Line:
This is the best bike that I have ever owned. I had been wanting a Canfield for a long time. They are hard to come by in my size small. I was a 26er for life guy, till I rode a Kona Process111. That bike changed my opinion of 29ers, but was lacking in the suspension. To me the Riot is like a Kona on steroids or a FS Yelli Screamy with all the boxes checked. There is nothing you have to do to make it better. What convinced me that I had bought the right bike is reading the Canfield Riot thread and noticing that most of the people purchasing the bike are coming from all the other bikes that were on my wish list and saying that it is a better bike than those, which left me with no second thoughts. I like that in my area Canfield is not a well known brand, so my bike is a sleeper. I've debadged it and just left the skull on the headtube, so only those in the know, know what I have. It looks wicked.

Favorite Trail:   Leon Creek in San Antonio

Purchased At:   Canfield Brothers

Similar Products Used:   Turner Burner, Banshee Chaparral, and Tomac Snyper

Bike Setup:   1x11 Sram XX1 shifter, derailleur, and cassette Thomson Elite Dropper with Kev southpaw lever, Canfield 155mm Cranks set and bottom bracket, Deity Black Label Handlebars, 45mm stem, Shimano XT Brakes, MRP Stage Fork 140mm, Cane Creek Inline shock 140mm, Stans Flow EX 29er wheelset with Maxxis dhr front and Maxxis Ikon rear. 27+ wheelset are WTB Asym i35 rims 35mm wide internal, l 40mm outer width on Hope Pro 2 EVO hubs with WTB 3.0 Trail Boss in front and WTB 2.5 Breakout in back