Airborne HobGoblin Frameset 29er Full Suspension

The HobGoblin. A 29er XC/Trail beast with 100mm of smooth travel thanks to its modified twin-link suspension. Plenty of mud clearance and oversized sealed bearings means it will take a beating and keep performing for years. The 7000 series Aluminum frame is double-butted with a lot of new touches that we haven't used before: internal cable routing, direct-mount FD, and a PressFitGXP BB. The HobGoblin frameset includes a headset, RockShox Monarch RL with lock-out, and RD hanger.

Submitted by Crash Expert

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2013

Strengths:    All around nice XC bike for the money. Went from Niner Jet 9 to this and this bike is way better climbing and the extra travel in the back does not hurt either.

Weaknesses:    Nothing so far. Not overly sure of such low torque spec's on bushings but they are the experts on this not me.

Bottom Line:
So far so good. Time to get out and ride it now.

Q for hobgoblin frameset

I have a guardian. Upgraded x9 FD(still tuning it for clearance from rear tire) Upgraded FD cable to Jagwire Mountain Pro Shift orange.(original cable housing broken. dont ask me why...:madman:) Afer some trail riding, I'm thinking about buying a hobgoblin frameset. If I transfer, All my compone ... Read More »