Yeti Cycles 575 27.5 Full Suspension

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Custom butted hydro-formed 7005 alloy tube set Taperred inset headtube (44MM/56MM) Internal Cable Routing Double Row Bearings on swing-arm main pivot Cable stops for height adjustable seat post

Submitted by Russ a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2014

Strengths:    The most versatile and fun bike I've ever ridden

Weaknesses:    Too fun. It will consume your life. Your wife and kids may feel neglected.

Bottom Line:
Just got it and banged off 26 km all mountain ride. It was the most fun I've had on a bike since a kid. The test ride out of the shop, I found I noticed the bigger wheels but on the trail it wasn't noticeable at all except on the tightest of switchbacks. I'm a late convert to the bigger wheel craz but as of today I'm sold. Rolled rocks and roots today that I would have had to really think about on my old 26" wheel ride. The Fox suspension ( 34 fork kashima and rear rp23 kashima) with the climb, trail, descend (CTD). Worked amazingly. I tried all three settings and the difference was noticeable between all three modes. Bottom line, for a guy coming off of a bigger travel all mountain bike, this thing was fun, playful and a pleasure to climb. At just shy of 6" of travel it's nimble an confidence inspiring. Buy one!

Favorite Trail:   Porcupine Rim - Moab UT

Duration Product Used:   2 days

Purchased At:   Calgary Cycle; Calga

Similar Products Used:   Giant reign, Rocky Mountain slayer

Bike Setup:   Race build. All XT. DT Swiss LTD Edition wheels with tubeless Maxxis EXO Ardent rear with Maxxis EXO High Roler front. Carbon Easton Haven 750 mm bar. Thomson 50 mm stem and Thomson Elite dropper post.

Submitted by Richie T

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2014

Strengths:    I have been riding this with the Sram X01 build and love the bike to bits. Every ride is a joy and it feels like driving a Ferrari on an open road that should be driven harder on a race track. Quality of the build is brilliant and compared to the Santa Cruz 5010, I felt it was more nimble and lighter even thought the 5010 was carbon. The SRAM X01 is a must if you can afford it. Dream come true to own such a great bike. Wants me to leave my job and ride my bike more and hit those trails it eats up.

Weaknesses:    The fork that came with it (RockShox Pikes) which are an awesome fork had rubbing marks on my first ride from the cable runs and cleanly took the paint off. Could have come with better routes for the cabling

Bottom Line:
If you have the money and looking to step up to an all mountain 27.5 bike, get it and guaranteed you will not be disappointed. A great climber and going downhill will make you grin like a Cheshire cat for the whole weekend.

Submitted by Jason Hill

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2014

Strengths:    Super plush and confident descending.
Comfortable length in top tube (rode a large and I am 6'1").

Weaknesses:    None that I could detect on a demo ride of 4 hours.

Bottom Line:
I demo'd a new 575 with the Race (XT) build kit. This was coming off a Nomadc so was quite a different beast. The 575 was built up a bit heavier than I was used to but while climbing it felt super nimble and was eager to roll over and scramble up everything I pointed it at. This was my first time on a 27.5 wheeled bike and it felt like it charged over or through rocky areas a little more easily than a 26" rig. On the main decent it felt super solid and wanted to pop and jump off any features on the trail. It was certainly a fun bike to rip downhills on. Overall I was impressed.