Turner Flux 27.5 27.5 Full Suspension

The Flux 27.5 has been completely redesigned from the ground up to take your pursuit for exceptional trail riding further & faster than ever before. Now featuring 27.5 inch wheels to get that perfect balance of trail dominating control and the playful agility for technical twisty singletrack. With a slacker head angle and lower bb for a package that will eat up every foot of trail without sacrificing the nimble traits of its xc lineage.

Submitted by NarrowPath

Date Reviewed: September 10, 2013

Strengths:    Light and spry.
Really fun to ride
Shoots up hills
Rips down trails

Weaknesses:    Not for serious bombing
Not as forgiving as the new Burner or 5-Spot

Bottom Line:
I had the opportunity to demo a Flux. I ride an 09 5-Spot. If the Flux and Burner existed then as they do now, I would have selected one of them over the 5-Spot. Note: I LOVE the 5-Spot.

I would say the 5 Spot is for super chunder, Burner is for loving the down more than up, and the Flux is for loving it all. The shallower HT angle on the Burner makes the down a little less sketchy. All in all, the flux is a great all-mountain bike for those of us who are really all-mountain. That is, I don't do big rock rolls or try to clear the doubles, or even try the doubles.

I am trying to envision what would make the Flux a better bike, given its purpose, and nothing is leaping to mind, sans the fact that the one I rode had no dropper post, and I really, really enjoy having the dropper.

I just saw a deal from my LBS that you can get a complete Burner or Flux for $3500. Awesome.