Norco Sight Carbon 27.5 Full Suspension

• Frame: Sight 27.5, Lightweight high modulus carbon frame with 140 mm travel

Submitted by Joe a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2014

Strengths:    Great value, well specked stock bike. Very nice curb appeal as well. Climbs very well, descends even better.

Weaknesses:    Only complaint is the nibs that hold the internal cables in place pop out often. And should have come with a better specked cassette.

Bottom Line:
After riding my 30+lb 2009 Altitude 50 for the past five years I decided to upgrade. The Sight carbon turned out to be the answer. Note: I did make some mods; Tubeless wheel set with Hope Pro2 Hubs, Easton carbon bar, Truvative carbon seat post, XT cassette/discs, XTR peddles. Final weight with Mavic Ikon 220/235 tires was just over 26.5lbs. This is the Sight 7 1.5 model.

Right away I noticed how much smother the bike was just coasting on the street in front of my house before my first ride. The bike glided as though I had a never ending tail wind. This was a good sign of things to come. My rides usually start with an hour+ climb. I would say this bike was shaving a few minutes off every hour of climbing I do due to its lighter weight and efficient drive train. I find the Trail mode on my CTD is good for pretty much all of my climbs unless I want to stand and hammer then the Climb mode is good for getting rid of any unwanted compression of the suspension. Even having the shock wide open is quite nice as it really helps on tecky climbs as the rear end just grabs. I find the 27.5 rolls better over obstacles and of coarse running 25lbs in my tires doesn't hurt either.

Once the grunt climb is done this bike shines even brighter on the descent. I couldn't believe how fast this thing is,, once I let go of the break it accelerated at a whole new level,,,,,,,, faster than I have ever experienced before. I had set my sag at approx. 30% and for me was pretty bang on. I found myself able to carry more speed through obstacles, rollers, corners than ever before. I'm still trying to catch up to this bike as far as my ability goes and having a permagrin doing so. So far I'm not finding the 27.5 is reducing my technical ability and just find every time I ride this bike it surprises me with how easily it does what I want it to,,, and for me that's great as I'm no pro. I could go on and on, but I wont. All I can say is this is one great bike and I love this thing, Norco hit this one out of the park.

Favorite Trail:   Half Neilson/ Angry Midget

Duration Product Used:   Two months

Purchased At:   Republic

Similar Products Used:   Norco Bigfoot, Specialized Rock Hopper, Marin, Altitude 50.

Bike Setup:   2014 Norco Sight Carbine 7 1.5, Stans Tubeless hoops with Hope Pro2 Hubs, Easton carbon bar 720mm, Truvative carbon seat post, XT cassette/discs, XTR peddles.

Submitted by Paul a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: February 28, 2014

Strengths:    Build quality, fit, and finish, style and functionality

Weaknesses:    Availability to the public.

Bottom Line:
I got a frame a month or so ago. I can say that the quality of this frame is beyond expectations. Very beautiful fit and finish, and from riding the aluminum version, I'll save 25% on the frame weight alone. Build weight will be in the 27lb range with 1 x 11, and Fox Float 150mm. I'll report back with a full review, but so far so awesome.

Favorite Trail:   Skaggs

Duration Product Used:   1 month

Similar Products Used:   Own a Rocky Altitude 770, Santa Cruz Tall Boy, Ibis Mojo

Bike Setup:   Range of parts, Crank Brothers 2015 Rims, LX brakes, RS dropper post, Float Fork 150, One UP 11 speed conversion, and Xt Shifter. Should be awesome.

Norco Sight B Carbon

140mm travel @ 25lbs for $7k. Now we're talking! [url]http://m.bikeradar.com/mtb/news/article/norco-sight-650b-carbon-sea-otter-2013-37113/[/url] "I ride my bike to ride my bike"- Zen proverb Posted via iPhoneRead More »