Norco Range Alloy 7.1 27.5 Full Suspension

The 2014 Range Killer B is designed for aggressive, wide-open all-mountain riding. Featuring category-bending capability, the 160mm Range is both an enduro race rig and the ideal backcountry accomplice – perfect for exploring shale-covered slopes and remote mountain ranges. The all-mountain–tuned A.R.T. suspension system helps the bike climb to objectives with impressive efficiency, but it is when the trail turns downhill that this Killer B truly comes alive – delivering unrivalled high-speed power, control and confidence to the rider.

FRAMESET

• Frame 2014 Range alloy 27.5 frame 160 mm travel
  • Fork Fox 34 Float Evolution 27.5 160 mm 15mm tapered
  • Rear Shock Fox Evolution Float CTD LV high volume

Submitted by Bosko

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2014

Strengths:    Super stiff frame. Climbs well. Descends even better.

Weaknesses:    A little on the heavier side but nothing that's a deal breaker.

Bottom Line:
This is by far the best bike I've owned. I was a little worried at first that a 160mm travel bike may be too much for an all a rounder but I was wrong. It's climbs line a rock crawler and descends confidently and is super stable. I did upgrade though and put a Fox 34 Talas and a dropper seat post on so I can adjust the geometry for all day trail riding versus hitting the bike parks. I will say that I tried climbing in both the 160mm and the dropped 130mm travel settings on my fork and found it to be night and day. It's a little heavy but nothing I can complain about. Norco seems to spec their bikes just right to offer a good price point to the consumer. Over all I would highly recommend.