KHS SixFifty 2500 27.5 Full Suspension

• Fork: RST 650B Air
  • Heaset: FSA Orbit 1.5E Zero Stack
  • Rims: WTB Speed Disc 119, 650B
  • Chain: SRAM PC-951
  • Pedals: Wellgo alloy ATB 1 pc.

Submitted by Speedwayracer

Date Reviewed: October 19, 2013

Strengths:    Typical : It's a great bike for the money... My first 650B/27.5 I rode a 29r on the trail of our local riding spot.It seemed like a tractor, But I have been on A 26 for ever. So I decided to go with this bike. I have been riding for over 30 years.BMX, DH.Been riding more things with motors than things with pedals for the last 4 years or so. Just getting back into riding. Most of my bikes were high end build ups. I got a great deal from KHS and an old sponsor, So I went to pick up the bike in a box in Carson Ca. I think at this price (retail) there are a lot of good bikes out there.I wasn't sure about the top tube design, but after a few rides I like the clearance...A lot. I installed a KS dropper post. So far my only upgrade.I'm happy with my choice and I think the 27.5 is the future of MTB.

Weaknesses:    I know the bike is an entry level XC/DH MTB.....So I'm not going to rag on the components. I got what I paid for. But I was a little disappointed in the first few rides, the rear suspension linkage bolts vibrated apart ... I check them at assembly and all was good. And there not an easy type of bolt assembly to find when needing to replace. A few zip ties and a slow ride back to the car and some blue locktite and all is well. The brand of hydraulic disc brakes on the bike I have never herd of BENGAL. Again I know the bike is a bike and you add what you want to make it yours... So one of my first upgrades will probably be some new hydraulics.

Bottom Line:
Overall the bike is a great bike. The frame Geometry works for me. It does XC good and I can ride it pretty hard on the DH side. I guess the bottom line is go get a new bike and get out and ride.!!!!