Schwalbe Nobby Nic 27.5 Tires

3.75/5 (4 Reviews)

The Evolution series Nobby Nic 650B in the 2.35 x 27.5-650B size that will be rolled out this summer for $90, and it’s tubeless ready and has the tough Schwalbe Snakeskin sidewall protection, and uses their XC oriented PaceStar rubber compound.

Schwalbe Nobby Nic 650B Review Pro Review

The 650B is becoming the hot item, and all the bike manufacturers are jumping on its bandwagon, so new frames, tires, wheels and forks are all popping onto the horizon. For the 2013 product year, Schwalbe has the complete model range in 29er sizes, and 650B will get the Hans Dampf, Nobby Nic, Racing Ralph, Rapid Rob and Rocket Ron. I enjoyed my time on the 650B Nobby Nic, and found them to be an excellent all around tire, with great traction and cornering characteristics. Continue reading →

Submitted by stv

Date Reviewed: May 7, 2015

Strengths:    Good traction while new, better then expected in snow /wet

Weaknesses:    wears out Incredibly quickly. Came stock on my 2013 Rocky Altitude, and after only 300 miles the rear is worn down to the point of replacement. As a front tire it is showing no wear and is quite good but not a good rear tire

Bottom Line:
I live on the east coast and the tires seem to have great traction for dry hardpack and over rock/roots and even pretty good in small amounts of snow. As a front tire it is great and I have had no front end washouts etc. On the front the tire is showing no wear and is quite good. However, as a rear tire I can not recommend. After only 300 miles it is severly worn and needs replacement (and at close to $80 a pop!) would get expensive long term.

Submitted by eBayRider a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2014

Strengths:    Good in mud and snow, decent cornering but I have ridden better. Decent grip.

Weaknesses:    Weak sidewalls

Bottom Line:
This review is for the 27.5" Performance Line 2.2 tire. It came stock on my 2014 Giant Trance 3. At first I did like the tire and it did well for me through the fall and winter. I did a few rides in 2-3" of snow on the trail and was surprised at how well they did. In soft/muddy conditions they held up well too. I am going to be swapping them out for Panaracer Panceti Neo-Motos. I recently found a tear in my rear tire and the trails around here are not very rocky. With a Moab trip coming up in May I cannot risk keeping these tires on my bike given the rocky terrain I will be encountering.

I got about 6 months and probably `250 miles before the tear happened. The tread still looks brand new but for reasons listed above I am moving on. I will keep the one good tire around as a back-up.

Favorite Trail:   Anything singletrack

Duration Product Used:   6 mos

Similar Products Used:   Panaracer Rampage, Geax Saguro, Panaracer Fire

Bike Setup:   2014 Giant Trance 3 XL

Submitted by CJW1978

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2013

Strengths:    27.5 x 2.35 snakeskin. Great in corners. Fast rolling. high volume. Low pressure. Durable. Seals tubeless immediately. Looks good too.

Weaknesses:    Price?

Bottom Line:
Was riding 2.25 racing ralph on sc brur trc 650b and was somewhat pleased. The nobby nic is huge upgrade. The heavier tire is not quite as snappy but not disappointing. It greatly excels in all other areas. Overall this is a faster tire and much more durable. If you have a 650b bike bike I highly reccomend these tires.

Submitted by MrMountainbike a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2012

Strengths:    Great in all conditions. Handles corners well.

Weaknesses:    Wears quickly and resistance on road

Bottom Line:
Great tire, tread is good in any condition, eats up corners, but wears fast.