Schwalbe Hans Dampf 27.5 Tires

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Folding Tire, Tubeless Ready, All around SnakeSkin, Strong Apex, Flexible Tread, 1000 gram weight, 800 gram weight saving over DH tire, Triple Star Compounds (Pace Star, Trail Star and Vert Star), 650B Hans Dampf SG & normal (27.5 x 2.35).

Schwalbe Hans Dampf Super Gravity Pro Review

Now this is an interesting tire, the Hans Dampf Super Gravity 650b/27.5 tire. We have it in this new wheel size but it is also available in 26er. It is kind of an enigma but it makes sense as it has a kevlar bead, a downhill sidewall casing with dual carcass but single carcass under the tread. So what you have is a very supportive sidewall but still a compliant casing under the tread. This not only saves weight but gives the tire a better footprint and traction as well. It’s a hybrid of a DH tire and XC tires. It’s a patented construction type that no other company has yet to develop. Continue reading →

Submitted by targnik a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2015

Strengths:    Grip, Volume, Rolls well for size, looks da bomb

Weaknesses:    Pricey at RRP, sandy and loose gravel trails, durability in rocky terrain (-1*)

Bottom Line:
My go to front tyre.

I had OEM Ardents (stock) on my steed and up front they proved to be a little vague.

In stepped the HD and I haven't looked back. Only issue I've had is wear over summer from riding really rocky trails.

I purchased trye on special for $60NZD around $45USD... I wouldn't get at RRP as everywhere I've looked the price is pretty steep. If I can find again on sale I wouldn't blink ^^

Favorite Trail:   Next one I hit

Purchased At:   Torpedo7

Bike Setup:   Kona Process 134

Submitted by BJ a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2014

Strengths:    Good traction, easy to fit tubeless, front 2.35 740g & rear 2.2 580g. Roll well & handle predictably.

Weaknesses:    Could be a bit cheaper?

Bottom Line:
Very happy with them, better than the nobby nick & racing Ralph combo I was using. I use them in mainly pine forest, but found them good in wet conditions & roots/rock.

Favorite Trail:   Tinker, Napier New Zealand