Maxxis Ardent Race 27.5 Tires

Maxxis Ardent Race K tire, 650b (27.5

Submitted by Bravo Shot a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2015

Strengths:    Face rolling. Fast peddling, cornering, Keeping a line in loose rock. Climbing, Very easy install.

Weaknesses:    None yet

Bottom Line:
My first day with the Ardent Race 27.5. I had been riding and racing Nevegals for 10 years. The Ardent Race was the first tubeless I hooked up with the floor pump only, no need for the compressor. It rolled very fast and so far no weaknesses. I have only ridden it in dry conditions, so I will come back when I get into other conditions.

Submitted by targnik a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2015

Strengths:    Fast rolling, Grip (on anything but DH trails), pretty solid when damp/wet, durability

Weaknesses:    Full on mud, $$$ Pricey at RRP, rear tyre only

Bottom Line:
Using the AR for last 4 months or so. It's a solid performer despite it's svelte diameter (it's a little narrow for AM riding).

More of an XC type tyre, but you can get away with riding one on most trails [rear tyre to be safe].

I've even taken it down a couple of DH tracks for S&G's!

If speed is what you want stick one of these weapons on the back and let it rip!!

It's also pretty grippy considering the low profile of knubs ^^

Thing shows hardly any wear and tear either. Despite many treks through rock gardens (more like forests) over the summer.

A little pricey (@RRP)... but again, if you shop around (like I did/do) it can be found on special (somewhere).

I paid $56NZD -=or=- $41USD

Favorite Trail:   Next one I hit

Purchased At:   Pushys(dot)com(dot)a

Bike Setup:   Kona Process 134

Check out hottest mountain bike products from these brands!