Pacenti Cycles TL28 27.5 Rims

The TL28 is our new, tubeless friendly, high-performance MTB rim. At 28mm wide and just 409g for the 650b version, the TL28 is AM wide and XC light. Designed for riding everything short of big drops and jumps, the TL28 strikes an excellent balance between a wide cross section and light weight for modern trail bikes.

• Size:650b - ISO 584
  • Disc only
  • Hole Count: 32
  • Color: Black
  • Pacenti TL28 650b Rims Pro Review

Earlier this year, Kirk Pacenti sent us home with a 650b wheel set built up with his TL28 rims. The wheels were built up with Chris King hubs and DT spokes and it was perfect for all our 650b bike tests and bike conversion projects. Over the past few months, we’ve logged dozens of hours on them using many different frames and platforms. We’ve mounted them tubed and tubeless and used them on many adventures. The rims in 650b size have a claimed weight of 409 grams. They have an external width of 28 mm (hence the name) and an internal width of 23 mm. Continue reading →

Submitted by Dan Mitchell a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2014

Strengths:    Strong
    A combination that is hard to beat.

Weaknesses:    Limited Availabilty, meaning that not all shops will carry or can get these rims. None of my local shops could not get them through a distributor. Went straight to the source.

Bottom Line:
    I had a set of TL28's in a 26 inch version bolted up to some 240's. Had them about a year and never a problem. I put them through alot of different terrains and always true. I am not a light guy and never do anything crazy. But they held up. My 650B version is exactly the same just taller. They have Bitex hubs with a 15mm front axle. They feel is the same, I cannot recommend this product enough. I have to give props to Moccasin Bends Bikes, who built the wheels.

Favorite Trail:   Cannell Meadow

Duration Product Used:   1 month(about a dozen times)

Purchased At:   Ebay, (TBD seller)