Jamis Nemesis 27.5 Hardtail

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

The Nemesis is the only aluminum frame in our line with tubing manufactured by SuperPlastic Forming: a high temperature fabrication process that allows tube manipulation up to three times that of hydroforming, yielding even more optimized shapes with less weight. The tapered head tube and steerer serves up a significant increase in rough terrain tracking and stability, while the PF30 BB system delivers increased frame strength and stiffness for immediate power transfer. Equipment includes SRAM’s 11-36T cassette and 26/39 chainrings for a full gear range with fewer redundancies that ultimately results in a lighter/faster/better bike. An X-Fusion Velvet RL air sprung fork with on-the-fly suspension lockout for efficient climbing and external rebound adjustment for easy tuning. And Schwalbe Racing Ralph 650B rubber for sticking to the trail on descents and climbs.

Submitted by Dafozz a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2014

Strengths:    Great value, Geometry, 650B

Weaknesses:    Tires

Bottom Line:
Starting my second season on this bike. My riding conditions are wet, muddy, rooty and rocky with tight technical singletrack climbs and downhill sections. I kept the stock Kenda Nevegal on the front, but Changed out the rear for a Schawlbe Hans Dampf. the only other change that I have made is replacing the stock stem for a slightly shorter one. I am 5'11' and 250 lbs.I ride hard and on average ride 5 times a week. This is my second Jamis in 9 years, the first finally gave up the ghost after 7 years of abuse. I tried a few 29ers but didn't like the way they handled in tight technical situations. After riding the 650B, I was blown away and now I don't see myself riding anything else. Jamis was one of the pioneers of the 650B and they have nailed it.

Favorite Trail:   Local

Duration Product Used:   starting second season.

Purchased At:   Pedal Power

Similar Products Used:   Iron horse, DBR, and Rocky Mountain.

Bike Setup:   Stock except for rear tire and stem.

Submitted by Jess a Racer

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2012

Strengths:    Frame and geometry are perfect. The X-Fusion does its job well and is pretty lite. 650b is definitey the right wheel size for people under 6 foot.

Weaknesses:    The Sram X-7 components are not the best and I did not like the how my body was positioned with the Ritchey Riser bars. The seat is not the most comfortable.

Bottom Line:
After upgrading the the rear derailluer and shifters to Sram X-9, the seat to a WTB Rocket-V Team, the tires to Schwable Racing Ralphs and the bars to Ritchey WCS alloy flat, then this bike was perfect for me. It handles like a 26" around the corners and up hills, and rolls over obsticals and technical decents with ease like a 29". This bike is not a compromise between the 26" and the 29", it is the best of both worlds. I would highly recommend buying this bike if you race cross country and are under 6'. I only wished Jamis would have put better component on the bike to begin with, but that would defeat the purpose of them creating a relatively inexpensive bike to increase access into the 650b market for more people.

Favorite Trail:   Madrone - Canyon Lake, Texas

Purchased At:   Cyclone Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Scott Scale 650b

Bike Setup:   Sram X-9 derailluers and shifters, Avid Elixer 9 brakes, Stan's Crest 650 wheels with DT Swiss hubs, and Sram X-0 crank set and bottom bracket.

Submitted by RandyP a Cross Country Rider from Irvine CA

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2012

Strengths:    X-Fusion fork, geometry that is spot-on, finish, accelerates fast from a start, great climbing weapon.

Weaknesses:    The frame is as compliant as aluminum can be, which is not that much.

Bottom Line:
This bike is a perfect upgrade from a 26" mountain bike. Most 29ers feel sluggish in the tight stuff as compared to this bike. It sticks to the trail on descents as well as when doing out of the saddle climbs. Excels on hardpack as well as the loose-over-hard stuff we see here in SoCal. Braking is noticeably better than a 26" bike. Tends to roll over trail chatter in much the same way that a 29er does. Tire pressures can be reduced a tad just like most 29er setups. I run 33f and 35r with 26" Nevegals. I am running 30f and 33r and it still can go down a bit.

The bike is more capable than I am. I am still not close to the limits of traction.

The X-Fusion Velvet fork is solid and very tuneable. It has about 30 clicks of rebound adjustment. The lockout is the most positive I have ever ridden.

With a few mods, this bike would be a nice XC race weapon as well as a 12-hour marathon bike. For 24s, I'd probably want some rear suspension.

Only wish there were more tire choices. A 1.9 or 2.0 out back with the 2.1 Nevegal up front would be a nice setup.

Favorite Trail:   All good, but San Juan Trail is still great

Purchased At:   Trail's End Cycling

Similar Products Used:   Jamis Dakar 650

Bike Setup:   SRAM X9 2x10 drivetrain, XX crank, Cobalt 11 bars, Ergon grips, Nevegal 2.1 DTC converted tubeless w Stan's, DT Swiss 240 hubs, NoTubes 355 rims, Fizik Aliante Gamma VS, Truvativ T30 seatpost, Ritchey stem, Eggbeaters

Brand new bike: Jamis Nemesis

So after my snapped SC Blur frame, my shop hooked me up with a Jamis Nemesis 2013. It weighed 28 pounds I've got it down to 22.5 pounds. [img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/1043930_10201407835747658_949933050_n.jpg[/img] Preemptive riding has been great so far. Lo ... Read More »

Where to buy jamis nemesis frame?

Someone know where to buy a Jamis Nemesis frame online with international shipping? I´m from Chile. GreetingsRead More »

Here it is... 2014 Jamis Nemesis Carbon hardtail

[url=http://www.cyclingdirt.org/coverage/250535-Mellow-Johnnys-Classic-Pro-XCT/article/18964-Jamis-Carbon-Nemesis-650]Jamis Carbon Nemesis 650 | Mellow Johnny's Classic Pro XCT | CyclingDirt[/url]Read More »

JAMIS Nemesis 2012 vs 2013

In the market for a bike (mine was stolen !) Been on a Trek Paragon 29er for the last 4-5 years. I guess the comparable offering from Trek is the Superfly. I was going to get one of those as a replacement until the salemen showed me a 2013 Specialized Stumpjumper EVO. Noticeably light ... Read More »