Giant Talon 27.5 4 27.5 Hardtail

• Brakes: Tektro HDC300, hydraulic disc, 160mm
  • Brake Levers: Tektro HDC300

Submitted by Jason

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2013

Strengths:    tough frame, great brakes, tracks like its on rails and eats up almost everything ive thrown at it

Weaknesses:    front fork is a little cheap feeling

Bottom Line:
Honestly, im not sure if im qualified to review a MTB as this is my first not bought from walmart but it is an outstanding bike! Ive always ridden but just recently gotten into hardcore trail riding out here in the deserts of NV and my last bike got destroyed within 40 miles of hard riding. I knew it was time to move up. Having rented Konas in the past, i knew what a real MTB felt like and this one is no different. AWESOME! I

ve riddent this thing hard and it takes all the punishment i can give. The 27.5 wheel size isnt as dramatic as I thought it would be but thats a good thing. as I feel no weight difference from the 26 inch. I can navigate terrain that would make me flip over the handlebars with my walmart special. I got the Large frame and im 6 ft 210. It fits like a glove. The seat feels great and the bars are wide and make me feel planted. Shifting is flawless so far.

In summarry, if your getting int othe sport, this is a great option. The new wheel size is much better than the traditional 27.5 size yet the weight is not noticable. I recommend!