Kish Fabrication Custom 650B Frame 27.5 Full Suspension

Submitted by photodog a Racer from SLO, CA

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2008

Strengths:    Build quality, custom sizing, Ti, paint, custom parts selection, ordering is really easy

Weaknesses:    limited selection of 650b tires/rims (but what's out there is pretty good and there are more coming soon)

Bottom Line:
Demo'd this bike from Jim Kish because I was very curious about 650b sizing. As always (I own a couple other Kish bikes) the build quality is absolutely top notch and dealing with Jim is super easy. Read the reviews of the 26 inch Kish bikes, his work is some of the best in the industry.
I borrowed this bike for a couple days just to see what it was like. I can definitely see this size getting really popular as it is a great balance between better rolling and better maneuverability too. And for a smaller rider who wants something that rides like a 29'er but 29'ers don't fit them well the 650b is perfect.
Jim built this bike to be a very fun ride, the handling was quite quick but not twitchy and it rolled really well. This was really a beautiful bike, I enjoyed riding it. I settled on a 29'er but there are technical trails and race courses where I would like smaller wheels but not all the way to 26, this bike would be perfect for it. I'll be saving my pennies as this will be my next hardtail.

5 chilis for value; seems kind of crazy for a $4500 hardtail but if you see the quality you know you will be riding this bike for many years. My Ti Kish road bike is 6 years old and has 15k miles on it and still rides/looks like new. I expect to get another 10 years out of that frame.
5 chilis overall: build quality is second to none and the bike just looks awesome...too bad I had to give it back!

Favorite Trail:   secret