Jamis Dakar Sixfifty B Comp 27.5 Full Suspension

Accolades like that prove we aren’t just on to something, but that we’re the leaders in the 650b movement. The magic combination of big-wheel momentum and roll-over-everything capability, coupled with the flickability and quick acceleration of traditional 26” rolling stock, all bundled with our mp4 Trail suspension platform delivers a riding experience unlike any other.

Submitted by Serfo a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2013

Strengths:    This bike is fast and handles great.

Weaknesses:    Avid Elixir 3, Monarch R

Bottom Line:
This is my first dual suspension bike, for me it drives great, the price was unlivable, the X-fusion Velvet works great with a notable 130mm travel. I have the 2 flavors a 29er hardtail an this 27.5 dual suspension, totally different bikes, for totally different terrains. This 27.5 eat dirt like and angry monster, and leap over mountain like a goat.

Duration Product Used:   100 miles

Purchased At:   http://bikelifepr.co

Similar Products Used:   Scott Genius 740

Bike Setup:   Stock, only Crank Brothers Mallet 1

Submitted by Dave a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2013

Strengths:    Great for aggressive trail riding and light all-mountain riding.

Weaknesses:    After a weekend of abuse, the only thing I noticed were a few scratches in the paint. Not an issue for me as I like my ride with battle scars but others seem to mention paint so just an fyi.

Bottom Line:
I have been riding Jamis now for 10 years and I have never been disapointed. I have been reluctant to move from a 26 to a 29er so after speaking with my local shop I decided to give 650b's a whril. I have not bought this bike, just demoed it for a weekend and with the knowledge that Jamis is greatly expanding their 650b lineup for 2014 I will wait until next season before buying my FS rig. I did however by a left over Nemesis and both bikes a simply amazing. The only thing that I would change on the Comp are the tires. This is not a weakness, just a preference. The stock Racing Ralphs just don't cut it here in Northern New England with wet, muddy, rocky, and rooty conditions. The geometry is perfect. I rode a 19. I am 5'11 and 238 lbs and in the technical stuff the bike handled like it was my old 17. Bottom line, if you have not yet tried one, get on one. I will be tearing up my favorite trails on my Nemesis and can't wait until the 2014's come out.

Favorite Trail:   Beer can.

Duration Product Used:   1 weekend