Fezzari Timp Peak 27.5 Full Suspension

The all-new Timp Peak is the bike for you. With its advanced carbon frame-- featuring a patent pending carbon fiber manufacturing process that makes the frame lighter and stronger, geometry designed specifically for 27.5" wheels, and 150mm single-track shredding FRD Tetralink suspension--the Timp Peak is the ultimate trail bike, balancing agility and big-wheel rollover capability.

Submitted by grock

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2014

Strengths:    Awesome all-mountain capabilities
Plush Suspension
Reasonably light for what the bike is made for
27.5!
Price - quality of this bike is in line with many costing $1500-3000 more.

Weaknesses:    Lots of cables off the front - but this is because I opted for optional dropper seat and remote front and rear suspension

Bottom Line:
This bike rocks! I tested a fair number of bikes in it's class, many both cheaper and more expensive (up to around 8K). I previously owned a Fezzari road bike, of which the quality FAR exceeded my expectations. So, I wasn't afraid of the unknown of purchasing a bike direct from Fezzari. Their customer service is second to none and the ability to customize a bike is a great bonus. My decision proved to be the right one. Of all of the bikes I tested, Fezzari is hands down the best value. I couldn't be happier with my decision to choose the Timp. The bike I tested that most closely compares was the Giant Trance Advanced SX ($6,400). I had Fezzari build mine with some upgrades from the base model, but I still saved a ton of money...which I put toward a Fezzari Solitude for racing. Also a mind blowingly awesome bike.

I have taken my Timp on every type of terrain available. It can handle anything you can throw at it. Big drops, nasty terrain, tight turns, etc etc. It is a very capable all-mountain bike. It is easy to tell that Fezzari played the game of give and take to create a true all mountain 27.5. A bike that still climbs well, yet can bomb the downhill. Some of the big competitors of the Timp are either great at descending or a bit better at climbing, but not both. The Timp sits right in the middle, which in my mind is the happy place for 99% of us.

Mine weighs in just a hair over 29 lbs. This could no doubt be made lighter. But I had this thing built up bomb proof. Weight was not my focus. I ride throughout Colorado, Wyoming, and Utah and ride some rough, rocky trails. So, I built this thing to handle abuse. To come in at only 29 lbs is pretty impressive for my complete disregard for weight.

My advice, choose the Timp. Best bang for your buck you will find and quality beyond your expectations.

Submitted by Sara Elias

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2013

Strengths:    It's a solid build bike, yet it's so light for it's capabilities. I'm a 5'3" 115lb female rider, so finding a good fitting bike has been challenging over the years, but this bike fit immediately. I hate a long top tube, and this bike makes me feel comfy & compact. The price point is also unbeatable from where I come from (Canada). This would easily be a $6-7G bike here. It handles technical climbs, descents, rock faces and small/medium drops easily! Though I'm certain it can handle big drops for the more "ballsy" rider! The Kashima coat is a total dream and makes the ride smooth and predictable. They certainly take great care in making sure it's right. LOVE it!

Weaknesses:    I did move it to a more aggressive tire than what it came with because Vancouver/BC trails require something a bit more sticky, especially for winter riding. Other than that, it needed zero modifications and I was riding an hour after taking it out of the box!

Bottom Line:
I am so in love with this bike. After years of switching between my downhill and XC bikes, I've finally found the bike that can pretty much do anything! I spend a day at a women's race event, just before purchasing this, and had the opportunity to ride a Fezzari and compare it with many other big manufacturers on the market (Devinci, Kona, Specialized, Trek, Giant etc.), and Fezzari was the best ride of the day! The customer service is also also beyond my expectation. My hubby currently owns a Knolly, Norco and a Kona, but I'll be pushing him to get a Fezzari for his next all-mountain bike.

Submitted by Bob Stevens a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2013

Strengths:    Light (carbon frame + Reynolds Carbon wheel set)' stiff, quiet, quick, stable, climbs like a rocket, supple and progressive suspension, convenient/quick controls (dropper seat, CDT suspension lever), descends with confidence, an overall buttery ride.

Weaknesses:    Don't know how it would handle big drops because I don't do that, but it easily deals with the trails I ride,which are the Wasatch of Salt Lake, Sedona's ledgy, shale infested single track (it dealt with everything out on Hangover easily, and made the portage sections easy to deal with, at 26lbs....I'll be in Moab in 2 weeks to check my fave rides there, like The Whole Enchilada, Mag7, and Capt. Arab). In other words: no weaknesses. ;-)

Bottom Line:
I'm an older guy (71) and this bike has taken my mt. biking back at least 15 years. The bike is so light for a 6" travel bike, has such buttery smooth, efficient suspension that it flies up steep, rocky ascents. I'm attributing this to the combination of the 650b/27.5" carbon wheels, the compliant suspension, and of course the bikes lightness and stiffness. It also makes descents a breeze it's so stiff and predictable. I've never experienced such positive rear end tracking in a bike, on quick/smooth, or rocky/ledgy descents before. I've found myself 5-6 miles from my camper van with nothing but a pave' route back and locking the suspension (C position on the bar control) makes it feel like a hard tail/rigid fork bike. I'm not an engineer so can't say too much about the effects of the geometry on this bikes overall performance, but I can say that after riding it 25 days on numerous rides since getting it just over a month ago, that I haven't found a situation or condition that the bike has failed to step up and deliver. I'll update this after my Moab riding beginning in 2 weeks. I've ridden all the trails there so many times, beginning when most of them were just jeep double-tracks in '86, to all the new, brilliant desert single tracks, that comparing the experience will be an easy adventure.

Favorite Trail:   Mag7 Moab, Hangover Sedona, Adobe Jack Trails system Sedona.....so far

Duration Product Used:   One month +

Purchased At:   Fezzari, Lindon, UT

Similar Products Used:   Specialized FSR, Specialized Stumpjumper Pro, Specialized Enduro, Niner RIP 9, the Salsa 29er, Trek Remedy.

Bike Setup:   Fox TALAS, Fox rear shock, Reynolds Carbon 27.5" Wheelset, XT Shifters w/XTR derailleur, Maxxis Ardent tires, RockShox Reverb seat post