Osprey Packs Syncro 10 Water Carrier

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Pack a light layer in case of rain, fill the reservoir in the Osprey Syncro 10 Hydration Pack, and head out with your dog to check out the newspaper's 'Hike of the Week.' Streamlined and airy but highly functional, the Syncro 10 carries just enough without weighing you down.

Submitted by Longbow a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2012

Strengths:    The layout of the storage pockets and the back support system.

Weaknesses:    Bite valve started leaking after only two months of use.

Bottom Line:
I orginally went to get a Camelbak Mule NV and decided to give a smaller company a try. When the bite valve started leaking (steady drip), I went back to REI to get a valve, but they only sell the valve with the hose. The REI employee told me that the Osprey bite valves are guaranteed to leak. I then called Osprey and the girl in their service department told me that this was normal. Well it's not normal to me after 10 years of never having a Camelbak valve leak, so I went back to REI and took advantage of their return policy and got the Mule NV. If you go with this pack, buy it from REI so that you can return it when the valve has a steady drip and you get tired of having to turn it off after every drink with no help from Osprey. I try to always support the smaller companies, but this is simply a case of not being able to hang with the big dogs. Camelbak for ever for me! Thanks REI for your no questions return policy.

Favorite Trail:   Phil's World in Cortez, CO

Purchased At:   REI

Similar Products Used:   Camelbak LOBO

Bike Setup:   Moots RSL 29er
Trek 69er single speed

Submitted by paulrb02 a Cross Country Rider from Mobile, AL

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2012

Strengths:    Alot of air on your back
Nice pocket layout
Built in Rain cover
Nice organization pockets
Build Quality

Weaknesses:    Shoulder Straps are a little too thick, you can feel them on your neck when turning your head
Shoulder load straps are really pointless

Bottom Line:
The pack feels great on your back. I'm in the south and I sweat alot and packs always make it worse. I tried the Osprey Viper and it felt great, but it had no ventilation on the back, so my back was really wet and the end of the ride. The Airspeed back panel allows plenty of air to move across your back. Now I don't like to use waste straps on my packs. This one has removable straps and although it is actually heavier than the camelbak it feels lighter on you back due to the internal frame design of the airspeed. I do like the feel of this pack more the the Camelbak NV system. The NV system has lumps in it, and this one is just one smooth sheet. It does have a built in rain cover which it attached to the pack and stores in its own pocket, so you'll never lose it. The pockets on the inside are nicelt designed, and design by someone who rides a bike and store all there stuff in their pack. It has a pump pocket, and 2 square pockets, which are perfect for tubes and a big multi-tool.

About the only thing I would change would be the straps. They do seem a little to thick, I wish they where a little thinner (height wise). But I have really board shoulders so that might just be a problem for me.

Favorite Trail:   Dunno Yet