HydraGo EnergyPack Kit Water Carrier

4.25/5 (4 Reviews)

Includes: EnergyLink tube and cap, 70oz bladder, HydraGo Energy mix

Submitted by Jeff Nicholson a Weekend Warrior from Greenwood Lake, NY

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2002

Strengths:    Great taste, great energy boost - but not too much (like some stimulants out there!), just the right amount. Good choice on ingrediants. I'm lazy when it comes to cleaning my bladder, and I have to bleach it - not needed w/ this product.

Weaknesses:    I would like to buy the powder in bulk - manufacturer says that will be available soon.

Bottom Line:
Excellent product. Buy one and try it out - you'll like it!

Favorite Trail:   Plattekill, NY!!!

Purchased At:   Online

Similar Products Used:   Endurox, Cytomax, Gatorade, Powerade, etc...

Bike Setup:   Norco freeride and a hardtail.

Submitted by Eric Grove a Weekend Warrior from Willmington, DE, USA

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2002

Strengths:    Simple, easy to use, can use Camelbak Big Byte valve. Used the same bladder for 1 month and still is going good. Only needs a rinse out and good drying. Energy drink tastes good, does give a good boost of energy. Drink tube is removeable to clean. Also doubles as an IV bag (for serious crashes).

Weaknesses:    Fill hole is small, cannot fit a bladder dryer into the bladder, bladder filler hole is also where the drink tube attaches, which causes some spills when filling to capacity. Drinking from tube requires some effort and drink tube does not seem to get completely dry due to the design. You have to order the refills, unless you just refill with another type of hydration product. You can't just run to the store if your out. Drink tube came undone from the cap that mounts to the bladder, but easy fix with some krazy glue.

Bottom Line:
Excellent product! If you can deal with shipping and handling (which is not much) and know how much refill to order, this is the product for you!! The drink tastes excellent, it quenches thirst and provides an excellent source of energy. It really gives you a boost!!!! I get my refills within a few days of ordering. The bladders can be used over and over- even using ice, although a fresh one monthly works well. Would rather have a smooth bore delivery tube instead of the silly straw design, but you then sacrafice flexibilty. The Hydrago locator works well also. I use the Hydrapack in a non-camelback backpack and the locator makes the tube very easy to pop in my mouth.
70 oz. bladder for $3.99!!!!! Can't beat that with a stick!

Favorite Trail:   Middle Run Nature Area, Newark DE

Purchased At:   hydrago.com

Similar Products Used:   Camelbak resovoir.

Bike Setup:   2001 KHS FXT Sport, disk brakes, SR Suntour 100 mm front shock, DNM rear shock, Bontrager Jones 2.1 front and 1.95 rear. No aftermarket goodies (yet..)

Submitted by Gregg Kato a Cross Country Rider from Sunnyvale, CA

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2002

Strengths:    Very easy to use. Like reviewer below, I too am lazy when it comes to cleaning my Camelback. This product is great because you just pop it in and go.

The flavor is good, tastes similar to Cytomax Citrus. Tastes better than Extran.

Weaknesses:    Be sure to use a real bite valve instead of the disposable one that comes with the unit. Had occasional overflow problem while riding using the stock tube cap.

Bottom Line:
A good product that I would recommend, 'specially if you're too lazy to clean your Camelback bladder well.

The only problem is that I feel guilty when I throw the stuff out instead of recycling it (like I should).

Again, I agree with the reviewer below 4 Chilis for a good, solid product (5 Chilis means perfection to me.) But definitely a 5 for value

Favorite Trail:   Skegg's

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   Cytomax, Extran

Bike Setup:   '97 Heckler, '02 Ventana, others

Submitted by Ed a Cross Country Rider from Bohemia,NY,USA

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2002

Strengths:    Great Idea! No more cleaning out my Resevoir! I just add water to the premix and I chill it in the fridge the night before.then I toss it when I return. Plus it is cheaper than Gatorade.

Weaknesses:    None Yet.

Bottom Line:
Bottom line is that I use my Camelback alot more than I used to since the Hydrago mix tastes better than the lab experiment I had going in my resevoir. I give it 4 flamers since the only people who give things 5 are usually Marketeers.

Favorite Trail:   Rocky Point

Purchased At:   Online

Similar Products Used:   Gatorade Bottles, Gacky Water in my Camelback(I know I'm too lazy to clean it out good)

Bike Setup:   2002 Cannondale F600 Stock.Cateye wireless Computer.