Geigerrig RIG 1200 Pressurized Water Carrier

• Waist Strap: Removable System
  • Shoulder Strap: Ergonomic Fit

Submitted by MTDale

Date Reviewed: June 29, 2012

Strengths:    Strong, well built pack, lots of storage.

Weaknesses:    leaky bite valve, tempermental pressurization poor fit.

Bottom Line:
I have to concur with the other poster that stated that the concept of this pack is great, but the reality is different. The flow from the pressurized bladder is not significant and the added volume it requires is really ridiculous. The pack fits poorly. The on / off feature on the bite valve requires both hands, which is inconvenient if you are riding. If you leave it in the on position and are riding, it leaks on your leg. I like the way the bladder opens and allows for cleaning. If a manufacturer could combine this opening system with camelbaks big bit valve and osprey packs fit and magnetic holder, then we would have something. Meanwhile I am sticking with the viper pack that I bought to replace this sorry piece of equipment.

Submitted by rottencommie a Racer from Tucson AZ

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2012

Strengths:    The concept of a pressurized system is pretty legit, even if only because it allows you to attach a filter and filter the water you pull out of a stream in real time.

Weaknesses:    The fit is awful, the pack itself is mediocre at best, and the pressurization sometimes just disappears on me within 20 minutes.

Bottom Line:
I just can't find this thing ideal for mountain biking. If I were into hiking, I might like it, but even then, I'd rather use something like an Osprey Manta 25 for hiking. It bounces around A LOT. I've messed with the adjustments and it just sucks. There have been several times I thought it might actually fly off my shoulders and over my head - it's come really close. On top of that, the pressurization is kind of finicky for me. I'm not sure why. It's pretty annoying to bite down on the valve 20 minutes after pressurizing it and get nothing. If I'm going to deal with this piece of crap and not get what it's advertised to do, I'd rather just stick with a basic old reservoir inside a pack I actually like. Sometimes the bite valve will drip on my knee for several minutes at a time, which is pretty crummy when it's cold out. If it weren't for the fact that my GF wants to give it a shot at hiking, then I'd be giving it away for free. I really don't like to be this critical of stuff, but to be fair, I've tried really hard to like this [as I love the concept] and I just hate it more every time I use it.

Favorite Trail:   Fantasy Island

Purchased At:   gift

Similar Products Used:   Camelbak MULE, Osprey Talon 22, Osprey Talon 33.

Bike Setup:   Banshee Paradox with Reba 120, Flows and x9 shifty bits.

Submitted by fredfg99 a Cross Country Rider from illinois

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2011

Strengths:    very well constructed, pressure water flow works great, no slosh, large compartments, very durable material, no sag when filled with weight. You can hook a water filter up to the bladder.

Weaknesses:    none so far.

Bottom Line:
Great pack. Very comfy when filled, lots of air flow on back, Spray for water is great. This bag is built like a tank ( 1/2 lb heavier than my camelbak), but it spreads the weight well. Well worth the money.

Favorite Trail:   brown county