Fastrak Pakster Water Carrier

4.25/5 (4 Reviews)

Fastrak Pakster

Submitted by mike a cross-country rider from Wooster, OH

Date Reviewed: March 26, 1998

Bottom Line:

*****************Having problems cleaning your Camelbak?******************** First: DO NOT BUY THOSE EXPENSIVE CLEANING PRODUCTS!!!!!!! Instead of that $15 device that effectively dries out your bladder, USE A BENT HANGER!
Second:when cleaning your bladder, do not buy those expensive cleaners or even soap. The former doesn't leave a residue, but using Palmolive will leave an aftertaste of soap for about 20-30 uses. Instead, let the fungus sit in ARM'N'HAMMER baking soda for a few hours. No nasty aftertaste, and all the fungus is gone.
Source:I haven't learned these things from wasting money, I just listened to my mother who has cleaned things effiecientlt much longer than I have been alive. Try it, it works!!!

Submitted by matt a cross-country rider from maryland

Date Reviewed: July 2, 1997

Bottom Line:

pretty well built, room for tools, keys, food , etc, only downfall is that 70 oz capacity in the summer just isn't enough

Submitted by Chris Barron a racer from Madison, WI

Date Reviewed: November 27, 1996

Bottom Line:

Works great for recreational riding. It carries more stuff than anyone could possibly ever use. Its a little overkill for racing; I usually just wear my camelback by itself for the weight savings. It most cases, if you have a mechanical failure during a race that requires tools, etc, you're screwed anyway....so why carry the extra weight?

Submitted by Benz OuYang a cross-country rider from Berkeley, California

Date Reviewed: August 27, 1996

Bottom Line:

I used to carry my fanny-pack along with my Camelback until I finally broke down
and got a Pakster at a LBS sale. Now, I am happy to report that it's $26 well
spent in terms of comfort and convenience. Without the Pakster, my tools,
wallet and keys, spare tubes and other miscellaneous stuff gets all jammed into
my fanny-pack; it's hard to find something in that disorganized state when you're
out in the woods. Without the Pakster, my pump also gets very dirty as it's
attached to the frame. Now, with the Pakster, I can find what I need easily,
my pump remains clean for immediate use and in addition, I have a place to
stuff my windbreaker and trash. The only thing that prevents me from giving it
five flaming chili peppers is that small pieces of nylon fabric sewn together
should not cost $26.