Deuter Trans Alpine 25 Water Carrier

Deuters big Alpine series packs are ideal for commuting by bike, bikepacking, or hiking.The flexible aluminum stays hidden insideThe foam add incredible amounts of support (ever worn an internal frame backpacking pack?) and can even be bentTo fitThe precise shape of your back.Deuters AirMesh lining provides excellent ventilation, keeping you dry, even when your pack is filledToThe brim (suggested max: 20 pounds) Hydration compatible (bladder is not included) Integrated rain cover Neoprene front

Submitted by woahey a Racer from Sedona, AZ

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2012

Strengths:    It's big, has many pockets with useful dividers, is comfortable to wear when fully loaded, and even comes with a rain cover and seat cushion! The straps allow for a lot of adjustment in where/how the pack rides on your body.

Weaknesses:    The straps took a while to get dialed right but that's more my weakness than the pack's :)
You have to purchase bladder separately.
You wind up carrying all your riding buddy's stuff and maybe your riding buddy too.

Bottom Line:
This is a massive pack. The main compartment is huge and divided into 3 sections- one can hold your bladder and the other two can hold a couple layers or even a full-change if needed. There's a zipper in the lower front pocket of the bag to access the large main compartment if you need something that you know is at the bottom. The upper pocket has a couple of dividers and an additional zippered storage space that I use for small stuff I want to make sure doesn't get lost. The helmet holder works although I use it more to haul my pads in the long climbs. The two mesh pockets on the waist strap have proven to be nice for snacks/gels/goo's but could be used for a phone or a small camera too.

I use this pack almost daily- it collapses small enough to not transfer my stuff to my smaller packs. When I need crazy amounts of space, I know I have it.

Favorite Trail:   The one I'm on.

Similar Products Used:   Camelbak MULE and other smaller Camelbak products.