Deuter Hydro lite 3.0 Water Carrier

• Highly Breathable Mesh Shoulder Straps
  • 3M Reflective Safety Blink Loop
  • Zip Valuables Pocket

Deuter Hydro lite 3.0 Water Carrier Pro Review

This 3L hydration pack is probably the simplest pack that Deuter sells. It comes with one zipped pouch that can carry your keys, some tools and maybe a spare tube. The water reservoir uses the Deuter Stream Clip which quickly gives you access to the wide mouth opening to quickly fill the reservoir with water. There are shoulder, chest and a waist strap to secure the pack to you during those tight single track runs. Continue reading →

Submitted by TiCN WC a Cross Country Rider from Corvallis, OR, USA

Date Reviewed: March 7, 2009

Strengths:    Awesome Bladder, very easy to clean, way simpler and lighter than a camelback. The finish quality is very good as are the material choices. one pocket, good zippers

Weaknesses:    the bite valve is not great however I have not tried the newest version. You are still carrying a bunch of weight on your back.

Bottom Line:
Deuter produces without question the best bladder on the market. It is easy to fill and clean because of the closure system that is effective, simple and lite.
Pack wise I have owned two other Deuter packs one of which saw a 30lbs load 30mins every day for three years. I have yet to break a zipper or anything. there is nothing that leads me to believe that this pack will be any different in durability.
While quality is first and foremost the concern I have with products customer service is a close second. And while I have no premonition that anything will go bad I know Joe (the US sales rep) will have my back. I am very versed in claiming warranty however with the quality and customer service of Deuter they will long be my pack of choice.

The bite valve is mediocre and admittedly is something that I have been more impressed with camelbacks offerings. I have not tried the newest version though. That said I will never buy another camelback bladder ever.

The pack gets a five in my book the bladder gets a seven and the bite valve a three to bring it to a five overall. I got the kind price so at retail it gets a 4 on the value scale.

Do yourself a favor and buy a Deuter. If your shop doesn't sell Deuter have them give Joe a call. You will not regret or second guess these packs once you use them

Purchased At:   Interbike

Similar Products Used:   several camelbacks, a platapus, Two other Deuter packs (for several years)