Camelbak Zoid Water Carrier

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)

Camelbak Zoid

Submitted by Zaph Baily a Weekend Warrior from new york city, new york, usa

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2009

Strengths:    It is a tough, ligt waigt, even wen full, hydration back pack. it holds plenty of water and is great for skiing, snowboarding, biking, skating, and even on the plane. it keeps me hydrated on the slopes and very esay to use. it also has a small zipper conpartment for trail maps, keys, and even an energy bar. i found this a very wise purtchas

Weaknesses:    no space for lunch or helmet

Bottom Line:
This is a great product.

Favorite Trail:   zoid

Purchased At:   www.sunnysports.com

Similar Products Used:   The rocket

Submitted by Eric a Cross Country Rider from Lakewood, CO

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2005

Strengths:    Gave me water when I was thirsty, insulated it from the hot Texas sun.

Weaknesses:    No Storage Space

Bottom Line:
I bought this thing in San Antonio back when I was in high school. Yeah, way back when.... like that was a long time ago. Five years. Anyway, if it's designed for snow sports, what the he11 was it doing in a central Texas sporting goods store? I thought it was the best thing ever when I got it... and I used it for biking and hiking through hot summer days. Three years ago I finally upgraded to the Rocket and discovered the wonders of storage space. Bottom line is: The Zoid served me well when I didn't know any better. Other bottom line is: nobody has posted a review for the Zoid in three years and it's not made anymore, so I'm wasting my time.

Favorite Trail:   Elk Meadows

Purchased At:   don't remember

Similar Products Used:   Camelbak Rocket

Submitted by Bob Jones from Cleveland

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2002

Strengths:    Hold a lot of water, keeps cold. comfortable to wear.

Bottom Line:
I have used this bag for downhill skiing, rollerblading and biking. Really helps on those hot and humid days.

Favorite Trail:   Ohio Canal Tow Path

Purchased At:   Bags.com

Bike Setup:   C.Ioth Dating myself here

Submitted by E Swanson a Weekend Warrior from Omaha

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2002

Strengths:    Holds 2 liters, stays securely strapped close to body, light

Weaknesses:    no pockets for storage, strictly water carrier.

Bottom Line:
This carrier is designed for snowboarding. I originally used it for snowboarding and when I got into biking I also used it. It works fine for biking no problems. it's light and it keeps me hydrated. If you don't snowboard or ski then there is no reason to own it. if you do you might want to check it out. But i'm sure there are better packs specificaly made for biking.

camelbak zoid $16.40 + shipping

seems like a pretty good deal to me. here's a link: [url]http://www.steepandcheap.com/?sssdmh=dm10.95203&cmp_id=EM_DLY5001&mv_pc=r204&CMP=EMC-DailyDosage[/url]Read More »