CamelBak Volt 13 LR Water Carrier

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Camelbak Volt 13 LR 100oz Hydrapack is the superlight 100oz powerhouse. Huge space is afforded by relocating the reservoir to the lumbar region. Ultra-secure attachment and ultra tough nylon fabric round out this 600c.i. pack.

Submitted by Bunjinjohn a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2016

Strengths:    Light, conforms to your body, low center of gravity and easy bladder removal/insertion

Weaknesses:    Maybe a little too light, gets pretty sweaty, and why doesn't CamelBak include a carrying handle?!

Bottom Line:
Overall, I've liked this pack, but it has lots of small holes from encounters with rocks and branches. The rip-stop fabric keeps them from enlarging, but it's just not tough enough for aggresive riding. The pack's design effectively takes the weight off your shoulders and puts in on your hips and is why I decided to try it in the first place, but this thing will get you very sweaty. Taking out and inserting the bladder is the easiest and quickest I've ever had. Finally, there is no carrying handle like almost every other hydration pack, including most CamelBaks, so it's more of a pain to carry to and from the ride than it should be.

Favorite Trail:   Noble Canyon

Duration Product Used:   2+ years

Purchased At:   CalCoast Bicycles

Bike Setup:   Mojo HD, Fox TALAS 36, Hope brakes, I9/Derby wheels, etc.

Submitted by Osco

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2015

Strengths:    Roomy, The 100 oz water bladder rides super low in the pack.
A lower center of gravity is a big deal to me.
Lots of pockets, the side pockets are great for quick munch grabs.

Weaknesses:    The upper chest strap is a little too close to my neck but not a problem so far.

Bottom Line:
People ask how far I ride and I tell them, "Oh about 100 ounces and my Gatorade bottle"
It gets hot where I ride and I need this water tank. Having the weight down low in the lumbar position makes a real difference.
The side pockets are helpful as I can get to my energy bars and snacks without taking the pack off.
When the water bladder gets low It's got pull cords that keep it tight and water in the tube.
Do Add the tube Insulator If you ride in the heat, that first sip of hot water is a drag.
Plenty of pockets in two of the three main compartments.
I go out for half day rides mostly, taking with me tools, a few chain links, tire stuff, pump, etc and a whistle, first aid kit,
smart phone, wallet, small trash bag and cleanup stuff, a good knife, rain jacket. I have never wanted to carry more but there is still room.

Favorite Trail:   Spider