Camelbak Volt 13 LR Water Carrier

Camelbak Volt 13 LR 100oz Hydrapack is the superlight 100oz powerhouse. Huge space is afforded by relocating the reservoir to the lumbar region. Ultra-secure attachment and ultra tough nylon fabric round out this 600c.i. pack.

Submitted by Osco

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2015

Strengths:    Roomy, The 100 oz water bladder rides super low in the pack.
A lower center of gravity is a big deal to me.
Lots of pockets, the side pockets are great for quick munch grabs.

Weaknesses:    The upper chest strap is a little too close to my neck but not a problem so far.

Bottom Line:
People ask how far I ride and I tell them, "Oh about 100 ounces and my Gatorade bottle"
It gets hot where I ride and I need this water tank. Having the weight down low in the lumbar position makes a real difference.
The side pockets are helpful as I can get to my energy bars and snacks without taking the pack off.
When the water bladder gets low It's got pull cords that keep it tight and water in the tube.
Do Add the tube Insulator If you ride in the heat, that first sip of hot water is a drag.
Plenty of pockets in two of the three main compartments.
I go out for half day rides mostly, taking with me tools, a few chain links, tire stuff, pump, etc and a whistle, first aid kit,
smart phone, wallet, small trash bag and cleanup stuff, a good knife, rain jacket. I have never wanted to carry more but there is still room.

Favorite Trail:   Spider