Camelbak Lobo Water Carrier

4.65/5 (83 Reviews)

Camelbak Lobo 100oz Hydrapack is the workhorse in the Camelbak family. 200c.i. Of storage gives this all-day pack the capacity you need to store your essentials, while keeping the overall size and weight down. 100oz of fluid capacity will take you till th

Submitted by tigris99

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2014

Strengths:    Size, capacity, storage space. All perfect for what I need. Big enough to fit my 270lb 6'1 clyde self comfortably and doesnt look dumb. Good flow as well.

Weaknesses:    Only complaint, lower "waist" or in my case perfectly above what gut I still have remaining, is thin. No padding or a bit wider strap for me anyway.

Couldnt find it on sale (its July, to be expected lol but well worth it anyway)

Bottom Line:
Tried on several packs at a couple LBS and at Dick's....nothing I liked. Had been eyeing this one for a bit too but no where had one to try. After frustration and wasted time I ordered this pack and couldnt be happier. Looks the right size on on me (clyde), good water flow, all straps fit and adjust for pack to be comfortable to the point you forget its there till you here the water slosh around. Also the storage is awesome. carry everything I did in my underseat pack. plus wallet, keys, phone and have room for tube and mini pump (carry co2s normally) as well if needed. And the fact I can store my helmet on it, gloves and glasses in it too so all my stuff is always together (no more forgotten helmet return trips to home) you cant go wrong. I paid almost full retail and IMO still worth every penny.

Submitted by h_daddy

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2014

Strengths:    Large bladder and adequate cargo space in a smaller pack

Weaknesses:    The leash that keeps the lid connected to the bladder gets in the way.

Bottom Line:
With many low-priced packs out there, I really didn't want to pony up the dough for a Camelbak. It was the sleek design of the Lobo that changed my mind. Most packs with this much cargo room look like a small backpack. It carries 100 oz of liquid and has enough pocket space for a multi-tool, spare tube, hand pump, first aid kit and a couple of PB&J's. I've had it for five years now and my only regret is that I didn't wait for the newer antidote bladder.

Similar Products Used:   hydrapak.

Submitted by DPF

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2012

Strengths:    Perfect size, holds enough water for 2 laps around my trail which has a 25 to 30 min technical climb (usually I only use about 70% of the water), enough space to take (cell, tools, pump, and other small stuff), build quality (i have already fallen on it and its in mint condition)

Weaknesses:    Size, if you are looking to take more stuff than what I posted on strenghts, a bit expensive as all camelback products

Bottom Line:
Worth the money I strongly recommend it

Submitted by The Grouch a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2012

Strengths:    The fit and price(I paid 30.00 on sale)

Bottom Line:
Nice pack, good for summer rides.

Purchased At:   REI

Submitted by Jeeppower a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2012

Strengths:    Size Fit Durability

Weaknesses:    None So Far

Bottom Line:
I had my Lobo for three yrs now, it works great, fits just right, and has plenty of room without being bulky. I recommend it to all my friends.

Submitted by Jeff

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2012

Strengths:    Size, Bladder capacity, Comfort.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
This is a great pack for riding. It rides secure on my back, has a relatively low profile and is quite comfortable. It is able to hold my wallet, keys, cell, power bar and repair tool with room. The bladder holds plenty of water (100 oz) for a few hours of riding. It stays in place well while mountain biking thanks to the waist strap and sternum strap. I highly recommend it. It's worth the msrp, but you can often find it on sale below $70.

Submitted by hags707 a Weekend Warrior from Red Deer

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2011

Strengths:    Lots of water, comfortable, enough room for tools and spare tube.

Weaknesses:    Rope on zipper pulled off after 1 month of use ( fixed it myself and been since)

Bottom Line:
Good amount of water and storage for 2 to 4 hour bike rides

Purchased At:   Lbs

Submitted by johnmDE a Weekend Warrior from Newark, DE USA

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2010

Strengths:    Large water capacity (100 oz) with just enough room for essential gear.

Bottom Line:
This a nice hydration pack for those who want 100 oz of water and enough storage for essential gear, keys, cellphone. It does not have the storage of other packs, but is just enough for riding with a little to spare.

It has a pocket for a pump, can hold 2 tubes, bike tools, and has a 2 zip-up pockets.

Favorite Trail:   Fair Hill, MD

Purchased At:   Performance Bicycle

Submitted by Clones123 a Weekend Warrior from Marietta, GA

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2010

Strengths:    Very well made with tons of features. Ventilation system controls sweat on your back and the straps are comfortable and effective.

Weaknesses:    Some other Camelbak models have a big zipper so the reservoir can easily be removed for filling or for storing in a fridge/freezer. Also, Camelbak just came out with their new Antidote reservoir which replaces the Omega HydroTanium and addresses it's problems - the new one looks to be WAY better.

Bottom Line:
I started off trying a MULE N.V. thinking it would hold a lot more but I couldn't believe how little that model actually held - each pocket intruded on the space available for the adjacent pockets. WTH? I returned it and got a Lobo instead which is lighter and makes more effective use of it's admittedly smaller capacity. I wish my 2010 Lobo had come with the new and vastly improved Antidote reservoir but I'm happy enough with this hydropack. 4 Chilis for the absent zippered bladder pocket and not having the new improved reservoir.

Favorite Trail:   Blankets Creek

Purchased At:   Tree Fort Bikes

Similar Products Used:   MULE N.V. and various older models from Camelbak and High Sierra.

Submitted by Jbpeddler a Cross Country Rider from San Diego, CA

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2010

Strengths:    Well balanced, just enough room, very light but carries a lot of water, external fill is great, barely noticeable while riding because it's so comfortable!

Weaknesses:    A little more storage room would be nice, pump netting pocket should be more secure

Bottom Line:
I've tried tons of hydration packs, Camelbak makes the best bite valves and bladders period. I have actually bought Camelbak bladders & bite valves for non Camelbak packs, that's how good they are. This is my 2nd Lobo, the first Is 6 years old & still works great! Got the new one just for the vented back & zippered pocket covering the wide mouth. Every other pack I've tried is uncomfortable & poorly designed, and does not fit or feel the way the Lobo works. This is the best pack for 3 or even 4 hour rides, any longer or rides with changing weather may need a larger pack.

Favorite Trail:   Noble Canyon

Purchased At:   Bike Bling

Similar Products Used:   Fox, Havoc, 6 year old Lobo

Bike Setup:   Santa Cruz Blur LT

Submitted by rmillet a Cross Country Rider from Lake Charles

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2010

Strengths:    Light, holds 3L, ample storage, comfy, ventilation WORKS.

Weaknesses:    none yet

Bottom Line:
You forget you're wearing it, it's that comfy. The Air vents work, I can feel air moving under it....Room for two tubes, mini pump, power bars, cell phone, mp3, minitools.....roomy but not bulky. Adjusts to fit NICELY, snug but not restrictive at all. EASY external fill, EASY bladder removal for cleaning, nice little hole for headphones to run through.

Perfect in-between size, not a day long adventure pack, and not a weenie race pack.

Favorite Trail:   fast dry ones

Purchased At:   JensonUSA

Bike Setup:   Sortie3

Submitted by DIRTY DUCK a Cross Country Rider from Tampa, Florida

Date Reviewed: January 22, 2010

Strengths:    Well built, comfortable, large water capacity and water stays cool.

Weaknesses:    As previously stated, chest straps are somewhat small. Fits me find but if you are very large if might not. Instructions are poor to non-existant, you have to figure it out.

Bottom Line:
Camelbak packs are the best!!! Don't waste your money on any other brand. Very comfortable and dependable. I love the large water capacity. Storage is somewhat limited so I'm buying the HAWG NV for longer rides. Cleaning is no problem. After every ride, I clean the bladder out with baking soda, refill with fresh water, then place in refrigerator. This not only helps reduce possible mold but your water is pre-chilled. I have never had any mold problems and have never used the cleaning tabs. Great product.

Favorite Trail:   Single Tracks

Purchased At:   Bike Nashbar

Bike Setup:   Sette Ace and Fuji Sunfire

Submitted by OMJustice a Weekend Warrior from Florence, KY, USA

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2009

Strengths:    Not too bulky and has ample storage. Seems very rugged, and well built.

Weaknesses:    The sternum clasp is almost not long enough. I'm 190 lbs and it just barely reaches when extended all the way out.

Bottom Line:
Good price, and perfect size for my 2-3 hour rides. With 2 zippered pockets and a mesh pocket behind the lower one, it can carry all the essentials: pump, repair kit, tube, multi tool, small first aid kit, and some food.

Favorite Trail:   Idlewild Park

Purchased At:   Online Components

Similar Products Used:   15 year old Platupus pack.

Bike Setup:   2009 Specialized Enduro

Submitted by Fred a Weekend Warrior from Tappan, NY

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2009

Strengths:    Easy to fill, very stable, well made, lasts, Holds necessities for trip (tube, tools, phone, energy bars and yes, more than enough water

Bottom Line:
The right size, great quality, long lasting (previous one was 3 years old and lost it, otherwise I would still be using that one), holds what I need, comfortable. What else can you ask for?? If you need more room, get a M.U.L.E.

Favorite Trail:   Chimney Rock, NJ, RingWood NJ

Purchased At:   campmor

Similar Products Used:   Mule -- harder to fill, do not need extra room on 3 hour ride. If I have longer ride or need to carry more I use the M.U.L.E

Bike Setup:   Intense with XT components and fox fork

Submitted by dobber2057 a Weekend Warrior from St Albans, Herts, UK

Date Reviewed: June 4, 2009

Strengths:    Very Very Very durable, this pack has saved my back on a couple of occassions and seen some pretty bad weather! strong connectors, very comfortable

Weaknesses:    could have more / larger cake & kit space

Bottom Line:
But it for a weekend aventure, wouldnt recommend if you are planning on carrying alot of spare kit like clothes, mush food etc

Favorite Trail:   South Downs