Camelbak L.U.X.E Womens Water Carrier

Weight : 1 lb MSRP : $100.00

Built for girls who get after it, the Camelbak L.U.X.E. Hydration Pack features a women's-specific fit, plenty of ventilation, and enough liquid and cargo storage to keep you out on the trail for hours.Four-point compression system for an ergonomic fitBike tool organizer pocket makes trailside repairs quicker than everMedia pocket safely stores your phone or music player

Submitted by Tzvia a Weekend Warrior from Woodland Hills CA

Date Reviewed: March 27, 2010

Strengths:    This is a great pack if you carry lots of stuff as I do. When I start out in the morning and it is a little cold, I might have long leggings and a shell on. Once it warms up and the layers come off, they pack nicely in the LUXE. When I am on an MTB vacation, I can get maps, food, emergency blanket, tools, cell, flashlight, two tubes and then get the shell jacket or leg warmers stuffed in there. It does not heat up my back much and does not shift around when I ride; I almost forget it is there. It holds plenty of water and it is easy to keep the bladder clean. So far, it has held up well.

Weaknesses:    Can't think of any. It does what I ask of it.

Bottom Line:
If you carry your own tools (I recommend everyone carry their own tools and not rely on riding buddies), this is a good pack. This pack works well. Lots of room, tools have pockets they fit in so they don't shift around, large pockets can carry a shell jacket and lunch, and the whole thing stays put and does not shift on my back. I've used it in 100F temps and it does not overheat my back, and the 100oz of water is really appreciated. It's held up well- two years of use and abuse so far.

Favorite Trail:   Sedona/Bend

Similar Products Used:   Older 70 oz Camelback and a brand called 'Hunchback' and a few other no-names back in the '90s.

Bike Setup:   S-Works Specialized Safire and a Giant Anthem-W with XT/XTR.