Camelbak Havoc Water Carrier

3.89/5 (9 Reviews)
Weight : 2.80 lbs MSRP : $110.00

Camelbak Havoc Hydration Pack 2009: The Havoc Hydration Pack by Camelbak is a sturdy, do-it-all pack offering organized and protective storage for your video cam, goggles, and tools, plus 3+ hours of water...

Submitted by BikeSwan a Weekend Warrior from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2011

Strengths:    - Carries most things you would need on a long ride (tool kit, first aid, 3L of water,etc)
- Extremely durable (have ridden almost everyday for a year and a half and I have yet to see a strand of fabric come loose.
- Carries enough water for all day rides, and if 3L's isnt enough you can pack more water bottles.
- Room in exterior pocket for helmet (not full face).
- Large electronics pocket (I can fit my: camera, iPhone, headphones, and bike computer at once.
- Extremely light for a large pack like this.

Weaknesses:    - None

Bottom Line:
This is an outstanding pack with everything to offer. Throw any cargo situation at it and it's got you covered. Just dont let the massive rear pocket tempt you from taking your helmet off :)

Favorite Trail:   Porcupine Rim

Purchased At:   Skiis & Biikes

Similar Products Used:   Camelbak Mule
Camel Back H.A.W.G

Bike Setup:   2004 Santa Cruz Blur XC, XTR Drivetrain, Race Face finishing kit, Hope brakes, DT Swiss forks.

Submitted by matt morton a Weekend Warrior from scotland

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2010

Strengths:    i looked for a while amazon ebay ect,then got this from local shop.amazon and ebay not always cheeper.this rucksack i cant fualt in any way its perfect,ican also get my armour in too,feels good on PERFECT.

Weaknesses:    if there is a weakness it would have to be,you dont get a dirt cover or rain cover,not a weekness more a moan by me.

Bottom Line:
i am so glad the havoc 3l is the one i got,i just love it.
the hydration pack is so easy to fill and use,like i say im glad i own this one PERFECT.

Favorite Trail:   carron valley

Purchased At:   rock and road

Similar Products Used:   no all my mates say use camelbak they are the best.
so i went for the best and i am not disapionted.

Bike Setup:   carrera banchee costom build

Submitted by SHALAKO a Weekend Warrior from Carlsbad,CA

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2009

Strengths:    Can carry everything you need for a long ride. 100oz bladder is great for hot days or for someone who drinks a lot.

Weaknesses:    Lack of small storage compartment, too big for shorter rides (which is why I also have a Camelback Rocket)

Bottom Line:
Perfect for long rides in the heat where you need lots of water and storage space but too big and heavy for shorter rides. GREAT value though!

Favorite Trail:   Slickrock

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   Camelback Rocket

Submitted by dgreenberg a Weekend Warrior from Cairo, Egypt

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2009

Strengths:    Very Comfortable very roomy great webmesh insures excellent ventilation

Weaknesses:    Lack of compartments inside can make smaller stuff inside jumbled together

Bottom Line:
Excellent comfortable pack, especially if you want to carry large items. If you have lots of little items perhaps find a back with more pockets.

Favorite Trail:   Wadi Degla

Purchased At:   Jenson USA

Similar Products Used:   first hydration pack used

Bike Setup:   Sycip hardtail

Submitted by justinr117 a Downhiller from santa rosa, ca, us

Date Reviewed: June 16, 2009

Strengths:    this pack is extremely durable and holds all of my tools and gear. its also very comfortable, even with a full face and some beers in it. the goggle pocket is a life saver

Weaknesses:    the "handy" tool storage pocket requires pulling everything out of the pack and fighting a tiny zipper in the bottom of the main compartment. the helmet carry system is very difficult and requires playing tetris with 18 straps that are all too long.

Bottom Line:
despite being slightly irritating, an all around good pack.
but im going back to dakine.

Favorite Trail:   oat hill

Purchased At:   camelbak website

Similar Products Used:   camelbak mule, dakine heli pro

Bike Setup:   ironhorse yakuza, stock

Submitted by HuffyPuffy a Weekend Warrior from Outer Mongolia

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2009

Strengths:    Durable, with lots of storage, though it is not easily accessible (see weaknesses). Camelbak makes a nice bladder and the air flow system is great. The camera and glasses pockets are a nice touch. Has some bottom straps to carry leg armor. Feels well balanced.

Weaknesses:    What is with all these (really long) straps? Really, did anyone at Camelbak actually use this thing? There is no pocket for bike essentials that can easily be accessed from outside unless you throw some gear into the camera or sunglass pockets. If you want to get the goodies in the main compartment, you need to undo 4 straps and a zipper! The hydro pouch does not have a full length zipper so plan on unpacking to stuff a full bladder in there.

Bottom Line:
I really wanted to like this pack, it has a good look and is rugged as heck, but it is also totally unpractical. I bought it to upgrade from the Mule since I wanted to carry a SLR, and though it would work for that, there are too many drawbacks. For example, the Mule has a handy pocket where I keep all my bike tools and junk, well the Havoc does not have one of those, so I would need to basically take 5 and split the pack just to grab some tools. It also has WAY TO MANY STRAPS - and they are really long with no tuck away pockets for them. The waist strap is also not detachable. I gave Camelbak a chance, but I am gonna send it back and get a Dakine Apex instead.

3 chili's for value since it is a lot for the money, but it still is a poor design IMHO.

Similar Products Used:   Camelbak Mule, some other no-name hydration packs.

Bike Setup:   wheels, pedals a frame, some bars, streamers and other stuff to make it stop and go.

Submitted by lukas a Downhiller from kaslo B.C.

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2008

Strengths:    Awesome Pack! I have just started to really get into freeriding (for me this means lots of bails, often on my back lol)It has yet to show any sign of wear. it has enough room in it to use as an every day/school pack, and enogh water(3L) to keep you cool even on the hottest days.
The straps also keep it close to your body, it is extremely adjustable, No flaping parts!

Bottom Line:
if like me you don't have enough money for 2 or 3 packs get this pack. It works anywhere and everywhere!!!!
if you are a minimallist and dont want to carry more than is absolutely nesscesary (2L of water and a bandaid) you may think this pack is to big.

Favorite Trail:   bone yard nelson