Camelbak GoBe Water Carrier

Camelback GoBe

Submitted by Chris F a Cross Country Rider from NC

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2002

Strengths:    Lightweight, enough cargo room for a few tools, keys. Good enough for up to about a 2 hour ride and I'll add in a water bottle (with gatorade) for longer rides. Mesh pouch on the back with bungee straps to help hold down non-standard items (glasses, blown tubes, phone, gps, walkman, mp3 player, etc.)

Weaknesses:    doesn't have the cinch-straps like the newer fanny style packs. I think the updated versions have these extra straps which would help with the bounce, which there isn't much of anyway.

Bottom Line:
I really like it, the size is just right for most of my rides and I can take it on longer runs. The pouches are big enough for a couple of mini tools and my keys, no unused space for me. I keep my extra tube under my bike seat, so I can take my flo-bee on my road or mountain bike and not get stuck with a wrong sized tube.

it's also lastest me for 5 or so years and still going strong. If I was to have to get a new one, I'm thinking the slingshot or the updated flo-bee (can't recall the name). 60+ oz. of water I will never use, so I wouldn't get anything that large - it's just too heavy.