Camelbak Consigliere Water Carrier

The Consigliere isThe weapon of choice when fighting dehydration. You won’t feelThe bag flopping around on your back. With ninja like characteristics,The Consigliere stays gluedTo your back as you bomb down some serious singleTrack. Refresh you pallet with 70 ounces of delicious crisp, clean, cool water.The locking bite valve ensures H20 molecules aren’t lost between sips. The reservoir is encased in a bright, beautiful, bold colored pack with many hidden features. Once you stu

Submitted by Justin a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2012

Strengths:    Size is great for someone with a large frame (I'm 6'6" and this doesn't feel dainty on me; enough water for 2 or so hours; plenty of storage for tubes, first aid kits, tools etc.; pretty light for what it is.

Bottom Line:
Comfort: I've used this pack three times now and i love it! I'm in the Dallas Texas area which is very hot in the summer so I was concerned it would be hot on my back and uncomfortable but it hasn't been at all - the air channels on the part that touches your back works really well at keeping you cool. I was also concerned that such a big pack would be too heavy but after a few minutes on the trail I forget that I am even wearing it.

Features: this is a cool pack; it has plenty of space to carry what you would need for a several hour ride. It also has a zippered compartment for an MP3 player or camera that has a water resistant zipper and it is located at the very top of the pack so routing headphones should be easy (assuming you are the type of person who likes to drown out the annying sound of birdsong and wind rustling through leaves while you ride:) The electronics compartment is very padded so it should offer decent protection for any electronics you store there. Another feature of this pack is the quick disconnect that allows you to remove the hose from the bladder - makes cleaning much easier.

This pack was marketed towards the DH crowd but I use it for XC and love it. I plan to make part of some epic treks very soon.

Purchased At:   jenson.com

Submitted by 100% dundee a Cross Country Rider from LITH,IL,USA

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2011

Strengths:    good looks, fits my back, holds everything I need plus snacks

Weaknesses:    not filled with money?!?

Bottom Line:
this pak is great for anywhere in the midwest: compact- stylish- and holds all the tools,water, pads, and layers you need.

Favorite Trail:   southern kettles