Polaroid XS100 Video Cameras

2.75/5 (16 Reviews)

The Polaroid XS100 Extreme Edition Waterproof Action Camera is the most exciting and most professional Action Camera offered by Polaroid yet! Are you ready to jump off a cliff or a plane? How about surfing, skiing, biking, rafting etc? Then this is the camera you want! The Functions, Quality and Durability equals and in some features (G Sensor, Dual File Recording, Vibrates, Ultra Light )even surpasses the cameras offered by other brands in the professional market. Priced at $159.99 this is one of lowest priced cameras in this field. This camera comes with a 1-year limited warranty.

Submitted by Robert B. a Racer

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2016

Strengths:    Beautiful videos, very clear and nice stabilization

Weaknesses:    None that I have been made aware of

Bottom Line:
After about 2 months the camera would not record more than 50 seconds before turning off. tried numerous times to run battery out and recharge, has not been successful.

Submitted by kenny a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2015

Strengths:    hd quality excelent wifi works great on my samsung 4g lte android downloaded both app have used file app have not used remote yet soon to try on my surface can't wait also batttery last enough time at least 4 hrs

Weaknesses:    have not experiance any yet

Bottom Line:
i like it i would purchase again just read the instrustions and ask the question on line that concerns you on your particular issue
the odds are in your favor that youll find the answer happy trails

Favorite Trail:   apex desert mountains

Duration Product Used:   8 hrs

Purchased At:   amazon

Bike Setup:   soft talil 24 ' wheels 21 speed toys r us bike but changed the axle the handlebars the

Submitted by Will a Racer

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2015

Strengths:    Don't know what people having so much trouble with. Mine alsome.

Weaknesses:    My mic is to loud! Can't fine it to put some tape over it.

Bottom Line:
For $79.95 its all some no trouble dose everything it's suppose too.

Submitted by romeo

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2015

Strengths:    Price, Quality, Image Quality, availability of mounting options as compared to the GoPro's joint style

Weaknesses:    Size, may be awkward for chest mount

Bottom Line:
I don't know how everyone else has had such bad experiences with them. But most of the complaints on here like no audio, no G-rotation, etc. This could all be fixed if you read the instructions carefully and possibly understood your computer better. As for audio, the video formats are in .mov/.mp4 - You have to use a video player (QuickTime) and the audio will work. Seems to me people are ready to send something in immediately if it doesnt work and just keep paying out for something different or new. Typical world we live in, but overall. This is a great product. Just as good as a GoPro and I have both. Just use it for different adventures.

Submitted by Sebastien

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2014

Strengths:    Big angle

Weaknesses:    This camera, even if the trademark is Polaroid, is NOT DONE by polaroid... While investigating to update the firmware, I realized the user manual was talking about a "check firmware" button that is inexistent. After reading the content of polaroid.exe, I discovered this camera is a ION (http://www.ioncamera.com), and the firmware update is only available for these ion camera... so forget Polaroid and buy this camera to the initial source!!!!!

Bottom Line:
Cannot update, a lot of bug (pretend to record, but don't... start vibrating non-stop, a full reset is needed to stop it... very bad image quality during the night (noisy) and in a very sunny environment t (burned image)

Submitted by Brian Flynn

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2014

Strengths:    Lightweight, good mounting options.

Weaknesses:    No stabilization, videos are almost unusable when recording over choppy surfaces. Persistent clicking sound over the same surfaces. Battery life is quite short.

Bottom Line:
This is a good entry into the helmet cam craze. If they can fix the stabilization and the clicking sounds I will give one more chili.

Submitted by this guy

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2014

Strengths:    has a great picture and easy to use

Weaknesses:    NO AUDIO

Bottom Line:
I love this camera but I just wish I could figure out how to get the audio working. I've been watching you tube and it seems that some peoples audio works fine but from the reviews, other people are having the same problem as me.

Submitted by detroit44

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2014

Strengths:    great look, very aerodynamic, lots of extras

Weaknesses:    where the h**** is the sound?

Bottom Line:
Great camera except for one thing. I can not record sound off of the damn thing. i've tried different recording options, I've tried playing back on my p.c. and my t.v. and although the video looks great,I cant seem to get any sound to record.
I've read my of you out there with the same problem that i have,and unfortunately, no one has figured out what to do to fix it...I will keep looking at this post in hopes that someone out there has an idea on how to fix this problem...
What a damn shame.....

Submitted by tspoon

Date Reviewed: April 3, 2014

Strengths:    As others have mentioned, the display case is a masterpiece. In addition, the unit is attractively styled.

Weaknesses:    Everything else. Polaroid should have made the reset button larger because you'll be using it every single time you interact with this piece of junk.

Sometimes it won't turn on. Sometimes it won't turn off. I never successfully made a video or took a photo with this unit, despite poring over the instruction manual, trying everything exactly as written.

Bottom Line:
Don't buy. Tell all your friends not to buy. This camera is utterly worthless.

Bike Setup:   tour bike

Submitted by Brian a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2014

Strengths:    Amazing visual clarity of picture, ease of use, sleek design.

Weaknesses:    Microphone pickup is a little weak

Bottom Line:
The Polaroid XS100 addresses all of the shortcomings I've felt the GoPro has in spades. First the design - WAY more streamlined than the GoPro, which for motorcycle riding is a really good thing. The camera has standard camera tripod threads so you can easily attach it to any tripod - unlike the GoPro. Easy to operate while it's mounted on top of your helmet - vibrates to let you know it's recording, it's on, it's off - only one button, and one sliding switch. Also there is only one large, rear cover - not the little hatches and covers the GoPro has. Without a dedicated waterproof housing, the Polaroid doesn't go as deep as the GoPro in it's housing, but 30' is plenty for swimming pool, surfing, or snorkeling. I've had fewer issues connecting the Polaroid XS100 to my computer to download movies and pictures than I ever had with the GoPro 3 black edition. The XS100 doesn't have wifi (the XS100i does if thats a deal breaker), but the wifi on the GoPro was always such a pain in the a** and a battery drain. I've had the Polaroid on my motorcycle helmet and have recorded both 1080P video and timelapse photos and the quality is really good - comparable to the GoPro (in those resolutions) and for $120, really a no brainer. Better than lashing my miniDV camcorder to my handlebars with a spare inner tube (which I have done) :)

Submitted by Howie

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2014

Strengths:    Picture quality is excellent

Weaknesses:    This is just not user friendly, plugged into Tv or through the pc with the card plugged in. It has never recorded sound doesn't auto rotate and often won't replay on anything.

Bottom Line:
I thought this thing looked great and so bought one for my son to record biking and it's true the picture quality is good. However films are no good with out sound, it won't play through the TV and is not always recognised by the pc, in short it's very disappointing and I wouldn't buy another. I have another similar product , not gopro, cheaper than polaroid but much better and easy to use. if you're on a budget get Chilli mini pro.

Submitted by Karim

Date Reviewed: January 25, 2014

Strengths:    Good size, comes with lots of accessories + HDMI cable. Does not take long to charge. Wi-Fi is very useful. It would be nice to be able to connect multiple devices and watch videos or live stream on all of them.

Weaknesses:    The auto rotation does not work. So you basically if you have the cam on its side, you have to find a video editor to rotate the video on a PC or Mac. Contacted customer service but so far no response.

Bottom Line:
Overall it's good, but I wish the video auto rotation was working as advertised.

Submitted by Scott Hubbard

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2013

Strengths:    Excellent Picture and Video Quality

Weaknesses:    Will record video fine will not up load to work with the video.

Bottom Line:
Do not buy this product!
I've given up after approx 20hrs of effort! Now in process of contacting seller and returning and going with Go Pro!

Submitted by bebby

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2013

Strengths:    comes in great looking box, took me 10 minutes to open it with out ripping the box to bits to gain access,

Weaknesses:    only had the camera for a day, have followed the instructions to download software but keep getting a message saying device not recognised, because I am not a computer geek maybe got it wrong, will get my friend who is more computer savvy to give it a go,

Bottom Line:
have been watching clips on you tube about insurance scams and motorcycle accidents so thought I would get one for when I go out for a ride on my Harley, nice looking camera, read revues, watched clips on you tube and was impressed so I purchased the camera from amazon, I hope its my incompetetence with the computer and not the camera that's at fault, hope its not an expensive mistake

Submitted by Gleep a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2013

Strengths:    Small and light and full of bite!

Weaknesses:    The manual that comes in the box rots, this is true. I downloaded the PDF manual - much better. It says there is a Firmware Update Button in the software. I didn't see it. The Helmet mount directions on how to weave the strap and clip the clips,,, you're a better man than me Gunga Din!

Bottom Line:
I couldn't give it a higher rating because I just received it the day before yesterday. I love this camera so far. The video is outstanding and the fish-eye like lens captures it all. Everyone is different, but I think the choppiness that people are referring to is from trying to play the video file while it is still on the camera. Like trying to play a video on the internet, if the flow is slow, then the playback is cached. Move the file from the camera to the computer's hard drive and play it from there. I too was flustered until I moved the file.

Favorite Trail:   Erie Canal