Kreitler Dynomite rollers Trainer

When you want a special challenge! Smaller diameter drums mean extra rolling resistance for stronger riders. Alloy end caps - Kreitlers longest-lasting and highest-quality drums Includes roller belt Lifetime warranty from Kreitler NOTE: Does not include roller frame.This isThe drums only. Add a frame kitTo make a complete set of rolllers.

Submitted by Corey Alix from Greenville, SC

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2007

Strengths:    Easy to put away -- just fold in half and stand in the corner. They'll never get lost in the attic or the garage.

Weaknesses:    It's hard to believe I paid $420 for something so simple, but supposedly they're the best, and I would buy them again.

Bottom Line:
Krietler Dyno-Myte Rollers
These things are cool and make me feel like an authentic cyclist. I bought them because of the reviews. It is well known that they improve you ability to go in a very straight line, but the biggest surprise benefit to me has been to show me where my bike isn't setup correctly. After 10 minutes of riding I realized that my hands and butt were sore. I've never noticed that when riding outside, even when on the bike for over 3 hours. After saddle and handle bar adjustments I've improved my comfort noticeably. Related to that, I've also noticed that I am heavy on my hands, and by slightly arcing my back and raise my elbows out and forward, I am able to shift my weight back and be much lighter on my bars and more comfortable.

I would have bought the Poly-Myte, but it wasn't an option through my bike shop. I considered the Alloy/Challenger rollers, but didn't want to spend the extra money on the flywheel and fan. The Myte rollers (2.5") offer plenty of resistance if you keep your speed up. My guess is that you need to ride uncomfortably fast on the Lyte (3"), or supplement it with a flywheel to get your heart rate up. The faster you ride, the more you can screw up and ride off them, because steering is overly touchy.

I was thinking about the Hot Dogs (10" wide), but I'm glad I didn't buy them. I need all the width I can get.

Purchased At:   http://sunshinecycle.com/

Similar Products Used:   Nothing

Bike Setup:   Mountain bike with slicks

Submitted by purple paul a Cross Country Rider from New York, NY USA

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2002

Strengths:    Great quality.

Weaknesses:    None, but I wish I could have gotten them for less $$$.

Bottom Line:
I was a little concerned about how difficult some people were saying it was to learn to ride rollers. But, instead, I'm a bit disappointed that I feel comfortable on them after just a couple hours. The first ten minutes were like, "I'm never going to be able to do this." Next day, after perhaps 15 minutes, I felt comfortable to balance for short periods of time off the wall. The next 45 minutes were spent going from side to side, mostly balanced, but with a lot of "encounters" with the doorway. Next day I spent mostly in the center and only contacted the wall towards the end of the hour when I was dead tired. It's been fairly easy ever since. I could actually imagine it getting boring. For now, though, it's still fun.

Because I have a mountain bike, I opted for the smallest diameter rollers. I think it was the right choice as, even without a resistance fan, I can ride myself almost to unconsciousness (or take it easy, but what's the point).

Bike Setup:   Klein Rascal with the skinniest tires I could find.

Submitted by JK a Cross Country Rider from Hoquiam, WA, USA

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2000

Strengths:    Excellent for developing a smooth spin; well-made!; Kreitler has excellent customer service.

Bottom Line:
Awesome training tool - I've put hundreds of miles on my rollers this winter. If you haven't ridden rollers before, it will take a little while to get used to riding on them. But they will greatly improve your riding style and they are more fun to ride than a stationary trainer. Bike on!

Similar Products Used:   Performance rollers.

Bike Setup:   Cannondale roadbike; Raleigh mountain bike

Submitted by Dirtgirl a cross-country rider from Southern California

Date Reviewed: February 13, 1999

Bottom Line:

I love this product. If you ever want to work on your spin, this is the way to do it...takes a lot more out of you than you think. It has an easy set up, foldable, and smooth. I've been using it for about 8 months now, usually when I don't have time to go for a long ride or when the weather is bad. Buy them directly from Krietler himself on the web and save about $100. Not for beginners.