Headland Headstand Trainer Trainer

Weight : 19 lbs. MSRP : $139.95

Dual Turbofans and on-board Flywheel
Balanced and weighted twin blade fans provide smooth spinning automatic variable resistance - change gears and your resistance level changes.

Submitted by Kenneth Pierce a Racer from Hanau,Germany

Date Reviewed: October 8, 2004

Strengths:    Cheap-but thats not really a strength because this thing isn't worth buying!

Weaknesses:    I weigh 210LBS and this thing didn't work at all for me,as a matter of fact I set-up my road bike in this thing and got on it and it starts wiggling all over the place-it scared the &#@* out of me!I checkrd everthing to make sure it was correct(It doesn't take a genius to set these things up)and I noticed that as I was tighting the cups onto the quick-release skewers,the legs of the trainer would spread apart making it impossible to securly tighten this thig! If you value your safety,stay VERY far away from this product-remember,you get what you pay for!

Bottom Line:
I don't recomend this trainer to anyone,I've heard 1up makes a great trainer but its not in my budget so I'll stick with the Elite I traded my German friend for a pair of Lance Special Edition Oakley sunglasses-Lance is a weenie anyway.

Favorite Trail:   HanneKamm Climb

Purchased At:   Nashbar

Similar Products Used:   Old Aviner fan trainer(the best i've had so far)
Minoura Mag trainer
Elite Fluid Elasto-Gel

Bike Setup:   C-dale F3000W/XTR shifters,cassette,chain,RaceFace LP cranks W/Boone Ti chainrings,Avid SD Ti brakesW/SL Levers
Mavic Crossmax wheelset

Submitted by Jon a Racer from Santa Barbara, CA

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2002

Strengths:    Easy set up. Extra wide bar under the fans makes it very stable.

Bottom Line:
I've only had the HeadStand for a few weeks (they just came out in November) and its a pretty awesome value. It works and its built to last. For only $140 thats pretty sweet. Its a no-nonsense trainer that will serve me well through the upcoming season. 5 chilis so far (its still pretty new). If you don't want to spend a fortune on a trainer, and you don't want some rickety unit, go with the HeadStand.

Favorite Trail:   Tequepis Trail