unknown Pedro's Master Tool Kit Tools

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Submitted by Bee Gee a Cross Country Rider from Tucson, AZ, USA

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2007

Strengths:    Comprehensive collection of tools. Attractive Case.

Weaknesses:    Price. Weak grade tools. The case is durable.

Bottom Line:
The best tools from this compilation are the wrenches - all of them. My second favorite are the hex (allen) wrenches - very durable. I also like the screwdrivers. They weren't, however, durable and were eventually replaced. I gradually replaced the other tools with Park Tool when they failed or didn't function as well as the Park Tools. For example, the freewheel tool stripped out. Even though it was seated and secured correctly. An ISIS bottom bracket won't fit the BB tool. I use a chain whip, not the Pedros' version which is a hassle to use. The spoke wrench is painful to use. The case had to be mended a few times but is now duct taped and used as a storage container for tools. The vinyl pockets tore, the latches broke, and the bracket has 4 new bolts. And one last jab... When you stock a tool box with tools that require a 3/8" socket drive and/or a 24mm wrench, please put one of these tools in. I am a fan of the tire lever - strong and doesn't damage the tubes. I use the tools regardless of their shortcomings. There is always Park Tools to replace the tools I didn't like, but shouldn't have to if Pedros made a better tool kit to begin with.

Favorite Trail:   Inscription House, Arizona

Purchased At:   Performancebike.com

Similar Products Used:   Park, Lifo, Craftsman, etc.

Bike Setup:   Which bike do you want me to describe. Too many to list.

Submitted by Bob Sutherland a Racer from Denver, CO usa

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2003

Strengths:    Everything you need in a super cool black case.

Weaknesses:    My wife doesn't let me keep it in bed with us.

Bottom Line:
I couldn't help but comment on this product. I do some occational racing, but mostly enjoy working on my bike for the heck of it. This tool kit has everything I could ask for. If you like quality, go with Pedro's tools, I'm selling all my Park on ebay and going with quality tools from now on.

Purchased At:   Local Shop