Home | Reviews | Tools | Topeak

Topeak PrepStand Max Tools

Topeak Prep Stand Max is a lightweight, folding stand for home use. Hard rubber jaws hold bottom bracket securely and front wheel hook adds stability when working on bike.

Submitted by ryschult1 a Racer from Grand Junction Colorado

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2010

Strengths:    Innovative design, easy to adjust. Range of height.

Weaknesses:    Only one Angle

Bottom Line:
This stand is great of bikes with integrated seat posts. On my Yeti I don't have to worry if I have my seat mast adapter. I also really like how much height adjustment the stand has. I can lower it if I'm working on the cockpit and then raise it so the drive train is at a more comfortable level. This is the first stand where my back isn't tired after cleaning my bike. I found the stand to be plenty stable for mountain bikes. I would highly recommend this stand for both road and mountain bikes.

Favorite Trail:   Zippty Do Da

Purchased At:   Comotion Sports

Similar Products Used:   Feedback Stands, Ultimate Stands

Bike Setup:   Yeti ASR-C

Submitted by quietcornerrider a Cross Country Rider from Connecticut

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2009

Strengths:    Affordable, Well Thought Out Design, High Quality Materials, Ease of Use, Transportable

Weaknesses:    Slightly Unsatable if Pointed in the wrong direction, Unable to keep handlebars up for brake bleeds.

Bottom Line:
Except for the inability to angle the bike up for bleeds, this is a GREAT portable stand. I do the work for my wife's triathlon team, and bring the stand with me, and it works like a charm.

It is SLIGHTLY unstable with mountain bikes on if not pointed correctly, but you can get a ton of leverage on it.

Favorite Trail:   Ramsdale Trail