Home | Reviews | Tools | Topeak

Topeak Mini 20 Pro Tools

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

-20 functions: 2,2L,2.5,3,4,5,6,8,10mm hexes, Torx T10/T25, 14g, 15g, Mavic M7 spoke wrenches, chain tool, chain pin breaker, chain hook, aluminum tire lever, crosshead and flat screwdrivers and a bottle opener -Hardened steel tools with forged aluminum body, neoprene case. 150g

Submitted by mickmutante a All Mountain Rider

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2012

Strengths:    All metal made tool. Looks and feels very resistant. It is not a to big or to small tool.

Weaknesses:    The ergonomics: when you have to tighten really hard a screw, you will notice that the tool it is not comfortable at all.
Same for the chain tool, it hurts to work with it. I works well but when you turn the screw, you have to tighten it so hard that you will feel pain in your hand unless you grab it with a cloth or something.

Bottom Line:
I have been using this tools for 3 weeks and I think it is a great tool. I did basic maintenance to my bikes on the trail, and it accomplish the task, tighten some screws, repair a broken chain, a flat tire, etc.
I found it a little uncomfortable when you have to tighten really hard, you will feel all the tools on your fingers and hand. Same for the chain tool.
I recommended for bikers that want a tool with a small size, not heavy and all metal tool.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Friends multitool, i don't remember the brand.

Bike Setup:   Gallardo Bamboo Bike, Shimano Deore, Epicon 110mm suspension, 26"x2.15 Maxxis CrossMarks tires.

Submitted by Raine a Weekend Warrior from Walnut, CA USA

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2012

Strengths:    The main factor that made me decide to try the Mini-20 Pro was the size - when folded flat, the Mini-20 Pro was less than half the thickness of my previous multi-tool, the Topeak the Alien II, and it also felt like half-the weight. However the entire unit is all metal - hardened steel bits and a forged alloy body for durability. The Chromoly chain tool is easy to use - coming from experience when I had to use it to repair a broken chain the day after I got the tool. The integrated tire lever is positioned at the edge, making it actually useable and not just there for looks. the tool has a width that is comfortable to grip with one hand for good leverage when using the various tools. Finally, the included neoprene case keeps the tool safe and away from clanging around in your gear bag.

Weaknesses:    It's retail price is on the higher end of comparable multi-tools.

Bottom Line:
I already own Topeak's Alien II multi-tool, which is very useful in the garage but a little too bulky to take along in my backpack during a ride. I decided to take a look at what other offerings Topeak had, and I came across the Mini-20 Pro. The tool works great - especially the chain tool, which detaches from the main body.

The Mini-20 Pro is very compact to fit inside any pocket or backpack. The tool tips and the unit itself all are high-quality, the chain tool is precise, and if you're into color coordinating it also comes in a few colors. I now leave the Alien II multi-tool at home on the work stand tray in favor of the Mini-20 Pro. I'd recommend the Mini-20 Pro to anyone who's looking for a small, high quality multi-tool to take along with them on their rides.