Home | Reviews | Tools | Surly

Surly Tuggnut Tensioner Tools

Stop stressing your frame by over-tightening your 15mm bolts just to keep your chain tensioned. The Surly Tuggnut Tensioner allows for easy chain tensioning with the twist of a screw, and you won't need two feet of leverage to remove your axle bolts anymore.

Submitted by rufio

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2013

Strengths:    Solid construction. All metal. Parts are replaceable if need be. QR and 10mm axle compatible.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
This is a must have for any singlespeed mountain bike with horizontal dropouts. I run mine with a QR and it has never slipped during the whole time I have owned this. I slapped it on my Karate Monkey after I finished by build from frame and I have never been happier. It's rock solid and it works.

Submitted by brownrl a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2012

Strengths:    Works extremely well and consistently. Can be adjusted by thumb thus eliminating a tool from the kit I take with me. Really does open a bier. It's design doesn't insert into the drop out per say. So you don't have some insert or metal extrusion that you have to hack saw off to fit into the drop out.

Weaknesses:    Price 35 Euro with shipping for a few pieces of metal.

Bottom Line:
This chain tug works the best out of all that I tried. It pulls straight, gives me confidence, opens bier, helps with setting chain tension correctly, but seriously 35 Euro! well in the end you do get what you pay for. It's just ridiculous that someone in china is not already copying this and selling for less. Surly you did a great job of making a great chain tug.

Purchased At:   http://www.singlespe