Performance Spin Doctor Pedal Wrench Tools

1.25/5 (4 Reviews)

Submitted by Eric a Weekend Warrior from Miami, FL

Date Reviewed: April 9, 2007

Strengths:    Nice color. Cheap

Weaknesses:    I couldn't even use the thing! It wouldn't fit my 15mm pedals!!! It was cast a little too small!! I had to borrow a friend's wrench.

Bottom Line:
If you were smart enough to look for reviews BEFORE buying,
be smart enough to stay away from this garbage. I am very
dumb and will have to see what Performance can do for me. :)

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   Park's wrench is excellent (borrowed from friend).

Submitted by Sean Gordon a Weekend Warrior from Rochester, NY

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2003

Strengths:    It is cheap. Performance's awesome customer service enables you to return it quickly.

Weaknesses:    It does not work. Rounded off the flats on one of my pedals (I know how to remove pedals). These were platforms I wasn't using any more, but it still made me mad.

The wrench is made poorly. The metal deforms when it is used even once if you have to use any force to get the pedal off.

Bottom Line:
If I were to buy a pedal wrench again I would be looking at Park Tool's version. Nothing but good reviews there.

This wrench left me w/ a damaged pedal. It was also damaged in the removal process. Performance took it back and even reimbursed shipping, but they shouldn't sell this stuff to begin with.

Favorite Trail:   The one I am riding today

Purchased At:   Performance.com

Similar Products Used:   Vice grip (needed to remove pedal after it's flats were rounded). Allen Key for my awesome Crank Bros Pedals. I wish they were all designed using allen keys!

Bike Setup:   Specialized Sequoia and Sirrus. Mostly stock. Both now have CrankBros Pedals - Egg Beater S and Candy SL.

Submitted by Edward Nilges from Evanston, IL

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2003

Strengths:    If you throw it at an attacking dog, you can really piss it off.

Weaknesses:    Offset angle is a braindead design. Impossible to develop any levereage against the flat handle bacuase it isn't lined up with plane of rotation.

Bottom Line:
This thing is useless. You'll want to return it the first time it slips off the wrench flats (which will probably happen the very first time you use it), but you won't be able to, because the metal will have deformed.

Favorite Trail:   La Strada

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   I used the Park when I worked at a shop. Now I will buy one of my own.

Bike Setup:   Vitus 979 road/Campy Chorus,Athena

Submitted by Marc a Weekend Warrior from Windsor, CT

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2002

Strengths:    It works.

Weaknesses:    The angled head makes it difficult to remove both pedals. On one side you have tpo plac ethe wrench under the pedal, if you try to wrench from the top the angled handle puts your hand right on the chain stay. The angle seems like a good idea, but it is not.

Bottom Line:
Get another wrench.

Purchased At:   Performance Bike