Park Tool PW-3 Pedal Wrench Tools

New material and new design! We haveTaken our popular pedal wrench and beefed it upTo make it even better. By adding reinforcement aroundThe stressed areas and upgradingThe material we can offer a new investment cast pedal wrenchThat is stillThe most comfortable onThe market. 15mm and 9/16" precision openings with an extra long, round, vinyl dipped handleThat wont dig into your hand like flat wrenches.

Submitted by Tim from Humboldt, CA

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2007

Strengths:    simple, versatile, sturdy, shop worthy

Bottom Line:
Fits the wrench flats on the pedal spindle without slop or play. Often times an open end wrench won't fit so this is a must for anybody working on a wide variety of bikes. The long handle provides for plenty of leverage and will break loose the most stubborn pedals. I think it's well worth the price.

Similar Products Used:   open end wrenches

Bike Setup:   N/A

Submitted by Con from Ontario, Canada

Date Reviewed: November 10, 2005

Strengths:    I got this pedal wrench and it works great. Its long so it has lots of leverage and it takes off the most stubbren pedals you got.

Weaknesses:    Havent found any yet.

Bottom Line:
If your not changing pedals often dont get this. (I only say that because of the price). If you do change pedals alot BUY BUY BUY! Just use a normal wrench if you dont change pedals often. I gave it a 3 chilis for value because of the price and I gave it 5 chilis because its a great tool to have.

Purchased At:   A website

Similar Products Used:   A normal 15mm wrench.

Submitted by FlyingPancho a Cross Country Rider from Idaho

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2003

Strengths:    I bought my first Park pedal wrench in 1981. I replace
my Park pedal wrench ONLY when it walks out of my toolbox.
Longest I kept one is six years.

Weaknesses:    Unfortunate frequency with which it walks out of my toolbox.

Bottom Line:
Five chilis. Get the park pedal wrench if you need to do pedal work and LOCK YOUR TOOLBOX. They work great, but they get borrowed not wear out.

Favorite Trail:   Reynolds Creek

Purchased At:   BikeNashbar

Similar Products Used:   cheapo knock offs - ugh

Bike Setup:   Hoo Koo E Koo; Marinoni 49cm custom criterium;Marinoni 49cm custom track.

Submitted by Matt Lou a Weekend Warrior from Alberta, Canada

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2003

Strengths:    Great leverage, good clearance so you don't shred your knuckles.

Bottom Line:
Great wrench. Should be the first and last pedal wrench you buy. Also like the long handle so you don't "accidentally" shred your knuckles on the chain rings. If you have the green, go for the PW-4. It's a little longer and the openings are angled for a better mechanical advantage.

Purchased At:   MEC

Similar Products Used:   Box wrench, crescent wrench

Bike Setup:   Several bikes

Submitted by SGT. ROCK a Racer from Edmonton, AB

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2002

Strengths:    Just the right size
Strong

Weaknesses:    Too big to take on rides

Bottom Line:
I have seven bikes, so I change pedals often. This wrench still looks the same as the day I bought it. As long as you don't lend it to anybody, it will be the last pedal wrench you ever buy.

Submitted by devildog a Cross Country Rider from florida

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2002

Strengths:    sturdy
doubles as a weapon if you need it to

Bottom Line:
This was the first Park tool I ever bought and it got me started buying Park. I have had this thing for about five or six years and it just works.

I swap out pedals every week on my mtn bikes for different kinds of riding and the sucker just keeps on going like the Energizer bunny.

I use this for removing pedals, but use a torque wrench for final tightening with a crows foot.

Overall, I would recommend the tool to anyone needing a good pedal wrench. It will last you a lifetime if you take care of it.

Purchased At:   lbs