Park Tool PCS-10 Repair stand Tools

4.14/5 (7 Reviews)

The perfect way to hold bikes without touching the frame or seat post by supporting the bike from under the bottom bracket and securing the front or rear dropouts.

Submitted by mfronk1 a Racer from Laramie

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2012

Strengths:    The best thing about the stand is that it is very portable. I take this stand anytime I leave town to ride. It is almost like any other piece of camping equipment that you always bring with you. It takes up little space in the back of my truck and is very functional. It adjusts to any position that you might need and fits all bikes with ease. The clamping surface has a firm rubber interface so you don't scratch your bike and the head can swivel to clamp the top tube, seat post, or where ever you need. At home it can fold up and be stored out of the way which is great because I live in an apartment with no garage.

Weaknesses:    None really

Bottom Line:
As a person that constantly tinkers, a stand is a must. This stand offers all the functionality of a more permanent stand in a portable package. It is a great tool to take on any trip and has proven its worth many times over. Plus it can be folded and place out of the way for people with limited room.

Submitted by bikerider190 a Weekend Warrior from Barrie,Ontario,Canada

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2010

Strengths:    Very easy to set up and take down.The clamps are a "one hand" use. All position set is great.

Bottom Line:
I have owned and used this stand not only on my own bikes , but also on friends bikes. It performed great in all cases.Tne ability to clamp the bikes and then move them into any desired position to access any part of the bike easily and comfortably makes bike repair a breeze.I have many of my bike riding friends who envy my purchase. I am able to take the stand with me to remote sites to use for "weekend repair" when we are planning weekend trail rides and something goes "amiss". I have done many repairs in the base camp using my bike stand and it makes this job so much easier than when it's on the ground.

Favorite Trail:   Blue Mountaio

Purchased At:   Midland Bike Shop

Submitted by Engralian a Weekend Warrior from Sydney, NSW, Australia

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2010

Strengths:    Strong stand and a great quality, no fuss clamp which is easy to use. I would suggest using it at home or in a small one man shop.

Weaknesses:    One of the collars on the plastic sleeve inserts was split straight out of the box. Does not affect the performance and you cant see it, however it is a bit dissapointing for an otherwise decent product.

Bottom Line:
The stand makes work a whole lot simpler so buying one is a no brainer. Yes you can get better, but you coud get a whole lot worse.

Great Clamp and solid stand but dissapointing quality on the minor plastics.

A final point to note is the collars that are demonstrated by Park to lock the legs in place do not exist on the stand I have bought? They are held in place by tube lock buttons. Better in my oppinion.

Favorite Trail:   Warragamba National Park

Purchased At:   Amazon

Similar Products Used:   Always thought stands were somthing the serious biker used so never bothered utill now. Must be getting old!

Bike Setup:   Road Bike - 2009 Giant Defy 2. Full Tiagra upgrade.

Submitted by john1970 a Weekend Warrior from Boston MA, USA

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2010

Strengths:    None. I was very disappointed in the build quality of this workstand. Plastic parts were defective out of the box. Luckily REI has a no questions asked return policy.

Weaknesses:    1) Plastic parts are defective
2) Heavy
3) Ackward to fold up

Bottom Line:
The Park PCS-10 Repair Stand is one I would pass over. For $30 more the Feedback Pro is a much better stand and comes standard with a 3 year warranty.

Favorite Trail:   Any

Purchased At:   RED

Similar Products Used:   I returned the park stand for a Feedback Pro Ultralight stand which is much better IMO.

Bike Setup:   Kona Dawg Deluxe

Submitted by strglide a Cross Country Rider from Long Island, NY

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2009

Strengths:    The Park PCS-10 is sturdy, secure, and well made. It's easy to set up and fold for storage. The stand is adjustable without tools and the quick release clamps are convenient while holding the bike with one hand. Excellent value for a home use stand.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
If you need a work stand this is a good choice. If you're looking at the PCS-9, spend the extra money to get the PCS-10. The quick release clamp will be worth it. I wouldn't want to have to work a screw type clamp with one hand while holding the bike with the other.

Purchased At:   Tree Fort Bikes

Similar Products Used:   None. I sure wish I had bought this sooner!

Bike Setup:   Specialized Epic

Submitted by Forest a Weekend Warrior from Heath, TX

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2008

Strengths:    Sturdy and light enough to move easily

Bottom Line:
This is a great stand, light and strong and clamp is very nice. Blue color is cool.

Purchased At:   Amazon.com

Bike Setup:   Specialized XC Expert 2008

Submitted by Paul Wilson from Port McNicoll, ON, Canada... eh

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2008

Strengths:    I found the PCS 10 to be relatively easy to set up and tear down. I wouldn't say the unit weighs a ton or anything, but being as it's made from pretty sturdy materials, it's heavy enough. I believe Park Tool makes a lighter "race" version, but I went with the "home" version instead.

Setting up the stand is just as uncomplicated as the short and sweet video demonstration Park Tool has on their web-site. It truly takes less than a minute to completely set up the stand, and just mere seconds to attach your bike.

I attach my bike by the seat-post using the cam-styled clamp, but you can just as easily secure your bike by a frame crossmember. The head of the unit swivels and is very easy to adjust. I find it easy to reposition the bike while it's on the stand, and haven't had any issue with the stand being tippy at all. In fact, I find the stand's design makes it more stable, and less trip-over prone than some of the typical tri-pod stands I'd seen. As an amateur photographer and astronomer, tripping over tri-pods has been a peeve of mine for decades.

As for fit and finish, I'm impressed. The unit looks very well made and well thought out. It has an attractive finish and looks sharp in my little, backyard, bike shop.

Weaknesses:    The only problem I had, was the first time I set it up I pinched a finger between a leg and the base. ID10T on my part there, and it hasn't happened since. However; but I warn my kids about it when they use it.

Bottom Line:
The bottom line for me is... Money VERY well spent.

As most mid-high end bikes don't have kick-stands, cleaning and maintaining my bikes has always been a struggle in that I was always having to lean my bike against something to work on it, I had to either bend or crouch to get at the lower components, or, I had to turn the bike around to work on the other side. With the PCS 10, getting the bike up to eye level, having access to both sides of the bike and being able to freely rotate the tires has made taking good care of our bikes that much easier.

I'd strongly suggest everyone who has a sizeable investment in their bikes, likes to tinker, or simply wants to keep their bike clean go out and get a bike stand... even if it's not the PCS 10. You'll be happy you did.

Favorite Trail:   Tay Shore Trail

Purchased At:   Total Sports in Midland - Great Shop

Similar Products Used:   None that I've owned, but over the past year, I've looked at a few that were set up in local shops.

Bike Setup:   2 Gary Fisher HiFi 29ers, a Pro and a Deluxe. Both are stock (the Pro has the Shimano XT group, and Juicy Seven hydro brakes, while the Deluxe has the SRAM X.9 group and Juicy Five hydro brakes), except for the Ergon GP1 grips, white Wellgo MG-1 Mag pedals, and coming soon: WTB Vulpine tires, NiteRider MiNewt X2 LED lights, NiteRider Rebel 3.0 bike computers, and Bontrager Race X Light white bottle cages. Being as the Shimano XT Shadow RD is a new product, I'll try it for awhile on the Pro before deciding if I want to take the XTR plunge. Same goes for the Deluxe and SRAM X.0 upgrades.

2 Columbia Ignitions equipped with Catseye LED head and tail lights (both AAA battery units), Sigma BC906 bike computers, Mirrycle rear view mirrors, and seat-post mounted luggage racks.