Home | Reviews | Tools | Lezyne

Lezyne CRV Tools

Forged aluminum plates hold 4, 13, or 21 chrome vanadium tool bits. CRV multi tools feature the same tool options as the Stainless-series models, including the forged and CNC machined stainless chain breaker that fits both nine and ten speed chains and comes with four integrated spoke wrenches.

-CRV-4 58g
-CRV-13 115g
-CRV-21 150g

Submitted by Rick a Weekend Warrior from Dallas, TX

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2008

Bottom Line:
This is a follow up to my review above. I'm happy to say that I was contacted by Lezyne shortly after I sent my initial email about the broken chain tool. They stood behind their product and seemed genuinely concerned about the failure. I even received an email from the guy that designed the part.

Thanks to their customer service, I’ll give them five chili’s to help offset my previous one chili flame. As I mentioned above, I really do like the tool. It’s the only product I know of with both a chain breaker and a knife in a tool this light weight. To find both in one tool you’re typically looking at something close to 300g that looks like a swiss army knife on steroids.

Well designed product, good customer service. Hopefully durability will be much better with the replaced chainbreaker.

Favorite Trail:   Cleburne SP

Submitted by Rick a Weekend Warrior from Dallas, TX, USA

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2008

Strengths:    light weight considering the tools provided, good tool selection

Weaknesses:    It broke on the first use.

Bottom Line:
I wanted to replace my Alien multi tool with something a little lighter and found the Lezyne CRV 20. It's sharp looking, fairly light weight and has a very good tool selection (even has a knife). The only problem is that it broke the first time I used it. Broke my chain and went to use the chain tool..two twists and snap. The end broke off. I had barely even started to tighten it! As little effort as I used to twist the tool, its breakage is clearly a defect. I sent Lezyne an email a few days ago and no response. Now I go to Cambria's website, where I purchased the product and see they are selling replacement chain tools. That makes me think that mine isn't the first to break. As it stands, I would warn against buying this multitool. I will repost if they contact me and replace the faulty part. Had it not broken, I'd have given it 4 or 5 chilis. But breaking two seconds into its first use is pretty unacceptable...thus only one flaming turd...and I wouldn't even have given it that if I'd had to walk off the trail...luckily another rider came by that had a decent chain breaker.

Favorite Trail:   Cleburne SP

Purchased At:   Internet/Cambria

Similar Products Used:   Alien-6 years. The plastic piece used to connect and store the two halves of the tool has broken and it's a little rusty. However, the tools have never broken and have had a lot of use.

Bike Setup:   Blur..xt, xtr, crossmax